Royce White on PTI

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks. Does anyone think that he was legally required to not discuss the details of the negotiation before this? Otherwise why open up about it now that an agreement seems to be in place?
Probably because it's easier to look like a victim when you don't talk about the reasonable discussion going on.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah...to echo other posters, very impressive interview, and I got the impression that Tony and Wilbon were impressed as well. Too bad he couldn't have done this during the first week or so of the whole imbroglio, but better late then never I suppose.

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
After the way he conducted himself during his time on campus I had a hard time believing he just flaked out. Must be hard trying to defend yourself with out releasing any details in the situation he was in. I'm sure to nearly everybody it looked as though the rockets had been duped by him. I did have my suspicions but always gave him the benifit of the doubt and I think he should be commended for sticking with what he really believes in. To the haters twitter didn't really help his cause, but he did seem to get a lot of support and recognition for what he's trying to do from people with anxiety disorders and other mental health issues. There's still a long way to go, and I wish him the best of luck.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Mr. Tony is the most anxious, neurotic guy, if you listen to his radio show he is pretty open about it. I bet he can sympathize at least a little.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Glad someone on Royce's crew came to their senses and had him go on some sort of talk show. He knows his stuff but social networking skews the way you can be interpreted and it looks like that is exactly what happened.

That being said, this should have been taken care of before the regular season started. The Rockets could have prevented this.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
After the way he conducted himself during his time on campus I had a hard time believing he just flaked out. Must be hard trying to defend yourself with out releasing any details in the situation he was in. I'm sure to nearly everybody it looked as though the rockets had been duped by him. I did have my suspicions but always gave him the benifit of the doubt and I think he should be commended for sticking with what he really believes in. To the haters twitter didn't really help his cause, but he did seem to get a lot of support and recognition for what he's trying to do from people with anxiety disorders and other mental health issues. There's still a long way to go, and I wish him the best of luck.

The Rockets were duped by him. They're not going to draft a guy #16 who is going to do this to them and miss this much of the season. Don't believe every guy that gives a pretty interview.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Mr. Tony is the most anxious, neurotic guy, if you listen to his radio show he is pretty open about it. I bet he can sympathize at least a little.

They have talked about Royce several times on the show. Tony has been the most sympathetic towards Royce even when Royce was melting down on Twitter. He understood that this is a fairly new health concern and people are knowledgeable about it like they are about torn ACLs, broken bones, etc.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron