NFL: Tebow to the Jets

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
ESPN says Broncos get 4th and 6th and send a 7th round pick to the Jets, all in 2012. Broncos win.

That makes it a little better. I'd still say a push at best. Guys still a young QB who just won a playoff game against the Steelers. Both teams probably won on that one.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
4th round pick for a QB who won 8 games last year and a playoff game? Going to disagree. Jets got the better deal on that one.

No, they didn't. Not even close. Unless Tebow can bring Von Miller and the rest of the defense that really won those games against sub-500 clubs, then the Broncos fleeced them.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That makes it a little better. I'd still say a push at best. Guys still a young QB who just won a playoff game against the Steelers. Both teams probably won on that one.
For a backup QB though who is, at best, an inconsistent passer, I'd say Broncos win.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I would take Tebow over Sanchez. Tebow can't throw, but he can at least make plays.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
For all of those that say he is a horrible qb, Tebow was a lot better at Denver than that phony snake Elway. Look it up in the record books. Elway was a bust his 1st few years, fans and others players hated the snobby spoiled brat who pouted and refused to sign with Colts. The media and fans were on him for not winning a Super Bowl and didn't do squat until the running backs showed up.They called him horse face and mouth because of his teeth. This historical revisionism about Elway is incredible.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
4th round pick for a QB who won 8 games last year and a playoff game? Going to disagree. Jets got the better deal on that one.

He should have won about 5. But that's a different argument that this board has already had. The only thing I like about having Tebow is for inside the 10 and for 4th and short situations. If he helps a lot in those areas, it could prove valuable for the Jets.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
For all of those that say he is a horrible qb, Tebow was a lot better at Denver than that phony snake Elway. Look it up in the record books. Elway was a bust his 1st few years, fans and others players hated the snobby spoiled brat who pouted and refused to sign with Colts. The media and fans were on him for not winning a Super Bowl and didn't do squat until the running backs showed up.They called him horse face and mouth because of his teeth. This historical revisionism about Elway is incredible.
Yeah, nobody liked that Elway guy...

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Yeah, those Denver teams would have been sooo much better without that bum.

Seriously, I never liked Elway but even I can admit that he was a very talented QB.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
Im not saying that. I said there was a lot of people that couldn't stand him and thought he was a bust. Then he was blown out in 3 super bowls and considered a choker, until T. Davis came on the scene. Just adding historical accuracy. Heck i liked watching him and his comebacks, not as much as OOOHHH MYYY ELLLWAAAYYY **** Enberg did. Lol.

Last edited:

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I would take Tebow over Sanchez. Tebow can't throw, but he can at least make plays.

Sanchez has slowly been getting better the last 3 years. I think the Jets are a good enough team that just needs a QB who won't lose the game by throwing a pick or fumbling the football.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Sanchez has slowly been getting better the last 3 years. I think the Jets are a good enough team that just needs a QB who won't lose the game by throwing a pick or fumbling the football.

I hate to defend Sanchez, but I think a lot of their issues on offense are not his fault. I think he could flourish in a different style but instead the chackle him and then expect him to turn it on when they need him. It doesn't really work like that.

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011

You are talking about a QB that has played in 5 Superbowls. Look up how many QBs have made it to 5 Superbowls. Not a long list.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron