Worst beer you have ever had

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Your point? I hated it. But thanks for linking a website just to tell me I'm wrong for hating a beer in a thread entitled "Worst beer you have ever had"...

Wow, don't be so defensive. Sounds like you need a beer. :wink:

Just saying that maybe you had a bad batch or something. Or maybe Pale Ales just aren't your thing.

Becker

Nov 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids
This is up there for me.
l4t3.jpg

Winner. Had this freshman year. I grew up on MBL and this stuff made MBL seem great.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
This is a joke, right? It's not the greatest beer I've ever had, but Flying Dog is a very good brewery.

If I had to guess the guy didn't realize that he was getting an IPA. He could've gotten a bad bottle, but Flying Dog's IPA isn't too bad for an IPA.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, don't be so defensive. Sounds like you need a beer. :wink:

Just saying that maybe you had a bad batch or something. Or maybe Pale Ales just aren't your thing.

I'm not much of a pale ale fan in the first place, I'll admit that. I'm more of a fan of stouts and dark ales, especially oatmeal stouts and wheat ales. But that Doggy Style far and away was the worst. The only other beer that even comes close in my memory of being that bad was a Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat I drank one time. I'm not much of a Sam Adams fan to begin with, but that was just gawdawful...

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Northern Light. Couldn't get past the smell so poured out after two sips. Boiled some brats in it and it ruined the brats. Saved it for mooches but never hated anyone enough to make them drink it so I threw the full cans in the recycle bin one year later.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'm not much of a pale ale fan in the first place, I'll admit that. I'm more of a fan of stouts and dark ales, especially oatmeal stouts and wheat ales. But that Doggy Style far and away was the worst. The only other beer that even comes close in my memory of being that bad was a Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat I drank one time. I'm not much of a Sam Adams fan to begin with, but that was just gawdawful...

That's the great thing about beer, and microbrews even moreso...you can find what hits your palate just right because there are so many styles and varieties. I like trying something, "grading" it out in my mind, then checking BeerAdvocate.com and comparing scores.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Your point? I hated it. But thanks for linking a website just to tell me I'm wrong for hating a beer in a thread entitled "Worst beer you have ever had"...

I'm not questioning your like of the beer, but maybe you just don't like the style. Doesn't mean it's poorly made, just means you don't like it.

There are plenty of well made beers that I don't like, because I'm not a fan of the style. Doesn't make it a bad beer, just not my preference.

chewbocka

Nov 25, 2009
Anything made by Hub City. Shiner Smokehaus was pretty nasty, smoky flavor does not belong in beer.

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
El Modelo... Was on my way to a good buzz one Forty Friday and had to make a beer run. Saw this in the cooler so said WTH I'll be funny and drink something nobody has heard of. Never again!!!

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
There are a lot of obvious choices (like anything that ends in Ice), but the worst beer that's advertised as a great beer with a cool name is Horny Goat.....that stuff is terrible IMO.
First, you have to like Wheat beers to like Horny Goat.
That being said, I've had this beer in a can and in a bottle. The can was incredible, though somewhat unusual for a wheat.
The bottle however, needed to be poured down the sink.

CC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron