PODCAST: Blum, Haaland, Stanz dissect the Field of 64

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Love the idea of a bracket of top ISU villains, even though that might be hard to objectively seed. I threw that idea out in the thread for ideas for the Summer Series Podcasts with Blum but I think a bracket challenge would be fun as well.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
this is really fun. great pod

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I understand, given age makeup of CF, that Ejim would upset Big Victa, but ... no way.'

I loved Ejim's work ethic, definite fondness for him as "bridge" player, as stated in 'cast, and he was a key member of the team his senior senior. Watching his progress from first year to fourth was enjoyable.

But Alexander is 5th for career points, Ejim 13th. Vic is No. 1 in career FG%. Alexander 1st team Big 8 twice.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I don't think there is a more fun listen than reminiscing about Iowa State basketball.

No matter the stage of life I've been, ISU basketball has always been there.

• Agree
Reactions: no2cyclones

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
I'm not old enough to remember Johnny Orr or any of the early teams; I started watching Iowa State basketball during the Wayne Morgan era. I think Royce White was the most physically dominant player I've ever watched in cardinal and gold. I don't think he's deserving of being even in the "sweet 16" of greatest ISU players, but I don't think I've see a better basketball player in Hilton.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Off the top of my head list of a-holes concerning all things ISU
The rioters that ruined VEISHEA
Martin Jischke
Elijah Johnson
Danny Weurffel
LaDanian Tomlinson - played TCU in the first game I ever went to. He was listed as a FB in the program and went for 220ish yds vs. us.
The side or line judge that ruled Senenca OB vs. FSU in KC.
Bill Snyder
Hayden Fry
The brewers of Natural Light and frat houses across the B12
Ref that called the Blarge on Paul Shirley vs. MSU
Ref that called the block on Niang vs. KU
Ref that called the charge on Clyburn vs. OSU

• Winner
Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'm not old enough to remember Johnny Orr or any of the early teams; I started watching Iowa State basketball during the Wayne Morgan era. I think Royce White was the most physically dominant player I've ever watched in cardinal and gold. I don't think he's deserving of being even in the "sweet 16" of greatest ISU players, but I don't think I've see a better basketball player in Hilton.

Being when your fandom began, I think that is a very fair take.