This weather blows..

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
literally. Is it ever going to warm up in Iowa? We get one nice day followed by 2 weeks more of winter hell. Is it too much to ask for the mid 50's to 60 with a slight breeze. I can handle 40's, but not when its this windy. I swear there aren't even wind gusts, its just a constant blowing. I never really hated winter until I got to college and had to walk to and from class at least twice a day. Now I hate it. I don't even appreciate the first snowfall anymore, it just means 3-4 months of hellish walks to class or waiting for the bus. I was hoping to be golfing this coming weekend, but it looks like the weather is going to still suck then too.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Dude, this is normal. It's always cold at the end of march/early april. Just be thankfuly if we actually have a spring this year(starting in about 3-4 weeks). Remember last year cold and rainy all the way until June, then HOT.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
It was warm a week ago, this is Iowa springs for you, very pleasant for a time then pretty cold the next. Really shouldn't complain that much its still above freezing, with a bit of a different track we could have been getting the blizzard up in the Dakotas/Minnesota.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I live in Wyoming, and all the roads in/out of my town were closed do to snow and ice yesterday till about 11:30 AM.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
literally. Is it ever going to warm up in Iowa? We get one nice day followed by 2 weeks more of winter hell. Is it too much to ask for the mid 50's to 60 with a slight breeze. I can handle 40's, but not when its this windy. I swear there aren't even wind gusts, its just a constant blowing. I never really hated winter until I got to college and had to walk to and from class at least twice a day. Now I hate it. I don't even appreciate the first snowfall anymore, it just means 3-4 months of hellish walks to class or waiting for the bus. I was hoping to be golfing this coming weekend, but it looks like the weather is going to still suck then too.

Welcome to the real world, no more getting out of school for one or two flakes of snow.

I've always have said that March and April are the 2 worst weather months of the year. Just when you thought we had turned the corner 2 weeks ago yesterday when it was 70something, winter comes roaring back.

AustinCyclone

Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Thanks to everyone for reminding me off exactly why I moved to Austin. 80 degrees and bright sunshine today and it has been like this for about the last month and a half :biggrin:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The wind is what is just ridiculous. I grew up in Illinois and it didn't seem near as windy as it is in Ames all the time.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Thanks to everyone for reminding me off exactly why I moved to Austin. 80 degrees and bright sunshine today and it has been like this for about the last month and a half :biggrin:

You may have good weather, but I was in Austin over spring break visiting family and the free-way system in that town is wack. Even when I knew where I was going I found myself getting lost. Is that just an Austin thing or are other cities in Texas similar? Its like they tried to cram as many miles of pavement as possible into a city that is fairly spread out.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I feel like this is a bit out of the norm for this time of year... although I do remember VEISHEA last year being cold as hell. Why can't we have spring like everyone else does?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron