Cotlar not on the air this morning!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Last time Marty went off, they gave him a couple days to cool off.

My guess is they'll have to bring Cotlar back because their national programming is nothing compared to Mike and Mike.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
KXNO is getting tired. It's time for a shakeup there anyway. I don't listen to Cotler but he seems like a good guy. It would be a shame if a good guy lost his job because of hot head Marty. Also I wonder if this effects his Drake gig.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
That national show was garbage, for the 5 seconds before I turned to Mike & Mike. They were still running Marty's promos during the commercial break, which I wouldn't think they would do if they'd canned his *** like they should have.

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
I think you're giving KXNO too much credit. Even if M&M&C&C all got canned, I think they would still run the ads and hope we don't notice that the voices we are hearing no longer work for the station.

Reactions: Phaedrus

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I think you're giving KXNO too much credit. Even if M&M&C&C all got canned, I think they would still run the ads and hope we don't notice that the voices we are hearing no longer work for the station.

The promo started out "This is Marty Tirrell..."

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Last time Marty went off, they gave him a couple days to cool off.

My guess is they'll have to bring Cotlar back because their national programming is nothing compared to Mike and Mike.

I don't know what their national programming is but Mike & Mike sucks out loud.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I've never had a problem with Mike and Mike (but can see why people wouldn't enjoy the local flavor) Is 1700 doing a morning show?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Might be a cooling off period, but they probably just want to make sure they don't have callers calling him to ask about it on air.

Will be interesting to see if Miller flies solo today or if they just do national programming at 4.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It is becoming a joke. Day by day. I am suprised they were smart enough to air all 3 hours of the DP show.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
KXnO is a radio station?

Allegedly

I wouldn't expect that anyone has been fired - or we would have heard by now. Not to say that they might not as things progress (FCC).

Anyway, I wouldn't take any stock in who or what ads they aired this morning. I swear they don't know what promo they're rolling at any given time anyhow. There have been dozens of times where they'll run a promo for a particular game, or holiday event AFTER that event has already taken place. Heck, you could probably listent today and hear a whole host of ads that ended St Paddy's day or win tickets for the Big XII championship in Oklahoma City.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
It is becoming a joke. Day by day. I am suprised they were smart enough to air all 3 hours of the DP show.

If Cotlar had been on, it would have been the first hour of Steve Czaban, and tomorrow they would have aired the first hour of todays Dan Patrick show between 5-6.

How the people that run that station think thats a good arrangement is beyond me.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
If Cotlar had been on, it would have been the first hour of Steve Czaban, and tomorrow they would have aired the first hour of todays Dan Patrick show between 5-6.

How the people that run that station think thats a good arrangement is beyond me.

Way back when they first put DP on the station, they explained that. I don't recall what it was, but it made sense in the respect they had some sort of obligation to both shows and that's the only way it'd work out. Obligations to other FSR shows or something, perhaps?

Not much of an answer - but I don't think that it's KXNO's doing, if they wanted DP in their lineup.