Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Doesn't it make more sense to break the record on national TV instead of Peacock? I understand wanting to do it at Carver, but on Peacock with limited people watching.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Doesn't it make more sense to break the record on national TV instead of Peacock? I understand wanting to do it at Carver, but on Peacock with limited people watching.
I am assuming all news outlets (worldwide, not just U.S.) will break into their programming to announce it and show it live. It is that life changing, makes the moon landing seem like a walk to the park.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So ESPN is now comparing Clark and JuJu Watkins from USC freshman season. Seems Watkins is having a better freshman scoring season than Clark. After seeing highlights of Watkins throughout the season, I gotta say people will start saying, “ Caitlin who?” the few seasons, if Watkins doesn’t jump to the WNBA.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So ESPN is now comparing Clark and JuJu Watkins from USC freshman season. Seems Watkins is having a better freshman scoring season than Clark. After seeing highlights of Watkins throughout the season, I gotta say people will start saying, “ Caitlin who?” the few seasons, if she doesn’t jump to the WNBA.
Clark announced she’s going WNBA after this year.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Women’s rules are 4 years out of HS, IIRC.
  1. Who’s eligible to be drafted?
The league requires domestic draft entrants to be at least 22 years old during the year in which the draft takes place and to have no remaining college eligibility or to renounce any future college eligibility. International draftees must be at least 20 years old during the year in which the draft takes place.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Clark announced she’s going WNBA after this year.
When?

This is from December 2023.

“It’s a hard decision because, in my eyes, it’s like a win-win,” Clark told Krzyzewski. “I can go and live out a life of a dream. Or I can stay [at Iowa] and be in college, start working on my master’s or start working on another degree and still play college basketball with some of my best friends. That’s what makes it so hard. Both seem so amazing.”

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/...plains-coach-k-upcoming-wnba-decision-win-win

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When?

This is from December 2023.

“It’s a hard decision because, in my eyes, it’s like a win-win,” Clark told Krzyzewski. “I can go and live out a life of a dream. Or I can stay [at Iowa] and be in college, start working on my master’s or start working on another degree and still play college basketball with some of my best friends. That’s what makes it so hard. Both seem so amazing.”

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/...plains-coach-k-upcoming-wnba-decision-win-win
Wife showed me something on social media a couple weeks or so ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 1776 and Tailg8er

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So ESPN is now comparing Clark and JuJu Watkins from USC freshman season. Seems Watkins is having a better freshman scoring season than Clark. After seeing highlights of Watkins throughout the season, I gotta say people will start saying, “ Caitlin who?” the few seasons, if Watkins doesn’t jump to the WNBA.
Safe bet right now that we won't get a continuous feed of JuJu on our local sports coverage.

May 7, 2020
We literally had the most distracting offseason that I can ever remember. AND it all played out like a month before the season started. One of our losses was due to a lot of players being extremely sick. Adjustments may have been made but I don't attribute any of the early season failures to Coach Campbell. I for one hope he stays at ISU for a very long time.

Getting embarrassed at home by Kansas should never be acceptable. No excuses about being sick or young and inexperienced this week.

whatever team that was that played Ohio doesn't exist anymore. We were still figuring it out, learning positions, slept walked into the game, coaches were not prepared and willing to adapt to what Ohio was doing and we had a crap ton of people sick.

Play them now, we win easy. but that is the way it is..

Just to add, the Texas game is the only game where Iowa State averaged anything around 0.6 yards per carry (0.4 ypc). Against Iowa, they averaged 2.8, Ohio was 1.7. Not that those numbers are good (and I thought they ran way too much against Ohio until I learned how sick Rocco apparently was), but to repeat numbers over and over again that aren't close to accurate is pretty dishonest (even if you think it's just hyperbole).

But we are just a middling football team.

Not the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan. MJ wins titles when sick, surely CC would as well?
Just because you aren't in one of the P2 conferences doesn't mean that you are a middling football team.

And yes the being sick excuse is bs to use.

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I am assuming all news outlets (worldwide, not just U.S.) will break into their programming to announce it and show it live. It is that life changing, makes the moon landing seem like a walk to the park.
This is one of the rare cases where they will engage the Emergency Management System, right? So we'll all get the blaring alert on our phones. Severe weather, amber alerts, nuclear holocaust, and CC breaking the scoring record...all meet the protocols to use it.

In order to recognize the achievement, the governor will declare that all flags be flown at double-staff. That's right, all government buildings with a flag out front must double the length of their flag pole to bestow the honor onto CC.