*** Official Kansas State vs #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Found something on Twitter saying fans threw something at the bench? As angry as he got I was a little worried somebody said something bad.

If it was throwing something, still ******, and I hope whoever did gets held accountable, but if it was only that at some point you gotta move on.
Why do you believe what someone says on twitter.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Oh they were both horrible.

Two horrible calls that stood out in a game of horrible calls. Is Milan's worse because KSU player literally did nothing, or is the play King fouled out on worse because a KSU player flopped and King did nothing wrong? This game should get reviewed by the league to be honest.

Only one of the two blown calls took a basket off the board though...so KSU and Pooty Tang can keep crying. Pooty Tang keeps his cool and ISU still comes out behind on the two calls.
The thing that bothered me the most was on King's foul the ref was overly emphatic on the call. I think he even gave the single twice. And on the replay, you can see her had way to much emotion on the call.

Reactions: nrg4isu

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's why I'm leery of the 'wish TJ would get T'd up' stuff.

Yeah give them free points and an extra possession with momentum!

I used to be one of those guys but I may be coming around.

If he's hear for the long haul I think it may be the smart philosophy. It definitely was tonight, especially keeping the players from freaking out like KSU players did.

As a first year coach in the Big 12 I don't think it did us any favors.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
It wouldn't be a victory if he wasn't mad about something. It almost feels like a tradition now.

Mad? No, though it would be nice if our bigs weren't atrocious from the line. I just thought it was worth pointing out that statement was hilariously incorrect. It was like saying water "isn't wet".

Reactions: AllInForISU

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Tang might have lost that game for them with that technical. Difference between 5 and 7 is an extra possession - not to mention momentum. And guess what happens when you give a shooter like Milan a look from 3 after he just shot 4 free throws with no one else on the line? Splash. Game over.
Emotion is one thing, losing your cool in that situation is another. So maybe it was not the greatest call, the foul on KSU, but ISU had some bad calls against them too. Tang lost his cool and definitely took away any chance KSU had there.

We made 'em pay. Man, it went from up 2 points to up 11 in a heartbeat, it seemed. That was very nice.

Another ISU / KSU dogfight!

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
We really played well in the last 2 min of the game. I know the foul against Milan when he fell down was a crap call, but there were more than enough of those to go around. Tang didn't keep his composure at all, and the T got the crowd riled up and it amped up the atmosphere and it didn't end well for KSU. Life on the road in the big12 at a ranked opponent.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Emotion is one thing, losing your cool in that situation is another. So maybe it was not the greatest call, the foul on KSU, but ISU had some bad calls against them too. Tang lost his cool and definitely took away any chance KSU had there.

We made 'em pay. Man, it went from up 2 points to up 11 in a heartbeat, it seemed. That was very nice.

Another ISU / KSU dogfight!

If Tang hadn't lost it the call to foul out King was way worse, it took a basket off the board and fouled out a starter. It was a flop, King did nothing.

Reactions: t-noah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tbe refs were complete and utter trash but it was both ways. There were several travels against Kaluma, one on Lipsey, and one with Milan that were missed. They missed a KSU double dribble and the foul calls were VERY inconsistent. Then there were terrible calls, with the call on Gilbert's layup, a missed body call where BRE hammered his guy, and some others.

We were our own worst enemy tonight. Our defense was not very good. We constantly bit on fakes and jab steps all night and KSU, especially in the 2nd half, gained the lane at will. Lipsey was terrible and Otz did a poor job of managing his minutes.

But hey, it's a quality win and we pulled it out in the end. The last 25 minutes were not pretty and Gilber and Jones really saved the day while Milan was fire at the beginning and ends.

Our bigs were absolutely abysmal as well. King, Ward, and BRE combined for SEVEN of our 38 rebounds. That's simply inexcusable.
I think TJ likes the bigs to seal off the opponent and have guards clean up the boards. So that isn’t unusual for his teams.