*** Official Kansas State vs #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Usually "bad calls both ways" is a copout but I'm totally down with it here.

I was certain the refs cost us the game when they took away that easy basket to foul out King...then they gifted us a call that was at least as bad the other way, and Pooty Tang went nuts like he always does so that helped us out.

Pooty Tang is MVP of the game for the Clones.

Large sums of money on Tang only focuses on the one they called when MM tripped.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
As infuriating as Rob can be from FT line...out other bigs are way above average from the line as big guys go.

Lol, Wut? Ward is under 40 on the year (probably over after tonight), Omaha is atrocious, while Tre is usually pretty good. As a group they are probably hovering around 50%. That's bad. Very bad.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Tang might have lost that game for them with that technical. Difference between 5 and 7 is an extra possession - not to mention momentum. And guess what happens when you give a shooter like Milan a look from 3 after he just shot 4 free throws with no one else on the line? Splash. Game over.

It's why I'm leery of the 'wish TJ would get T'd up' stuff.

Yeah give them free points and an extra possession with momentum!

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Can we get confirmation on this. If this is true, that's very odd to go to TJ about it. Even if true (doubt it), wouldn't this be something you would assume the staff would be possibly culpable for?
Yeah all we have right now is CW’s tweet and then in the handshake line it looked like Tang was mimicking holding a phone up like someone was recording something. I’m sure he’ll say something post game.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Back to the basketball....

Got weird, but proud of this team for gutting through that and getting the win. And after all that nonsense in the 2nd half still only ended up -1 in the second and got the double digit win.

Some good takeaways to work on for KU

Reactions: RezClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Not disagreeing here, but also that foul called when Milan tripped was pretty bad too...

Oh they were both horrible.

Two horrible calls that stood out in a game of horrible calls. Is Milan's worse because KSU player literally did nothing, or is the play King fouled out on worse because a KSU player flopped and King did nothing wrong? This game should get reviewed by the league to be honest.

Only one of the two blown calls took a basket off the board though...so KSU and Pooty Tang can keep crying. Pooty Tang keeps his cool and ISU still comes out behind on the two calls.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
What's he pointing at? I'm sure it's TJs job to control some dude in the upper deck.
Times are tough. TJ is already basically the lowest paid coach in the Big 12, but he's also head usher and head of security.

he even hands out Clone Cones during layup lines. Everyone knows this, including Tang.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
It was like Tang wanted TJ to go punish some random fan lol. Obviously throwing stuff wouldn't be ok but it's not like it's TJs job to go discipline some random fan
Well...Tang must be impressed with TJ's guns if he wanted to rent him out as his muscle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron