Friday OT Tell us about the 1st time

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Angie is doing work stuff. I'm pinch hitting.

The topic is the 1st movie you ever snuck into because of the rating or going over to a friends house to watch movies that your folks wouldn't let you. Like be to young and going to your friends to watch grainy skinamax that sort of came through the old cable filters.

I got busted trying to get into Saturday Night Fever in Des Moines during the state BB tournament. Successfully got into Animal House.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I remember my parents thinking He Got Game was just a basketball movie. That got shut off pretty quick...

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Cave….oh thought it was into a bar. Was 18 and was legal a week later when law changed from 19 to 18

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Can't recall ever sneaking into anything, but my parents had a satellite dish back in the Wild West era of satellites, so we could watch just about anything. Only danger was that the parents would come home early and see the satellite spinning around as they pulled into the garage lol

• Haha

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Generally wasn't prohibited from watching much and don't think I ever snuck into a movie that I wasn't supposed to see. I do have a vague memory of watching Doctor Detroit when I was little and mom standing in front of the TV for a minute as there were some boobs on screen. I mean, an R rated 80's comedy about Dan Aykroyd pretending to be a pimp, who didn't expect boobs.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Angie is doing work stuff. I'm pinch hitting.

The topic is the 1st movie you ever snuck into because of the rating or going over to a friends house to watch movies that your folks wouldn't let you. Like be to young and going to your friends to watch grainy skinamax that sort of came through the old cable filters.

I got busted trying to get into Saturday Night Fever in Des Moines during the state BB tournament. Successfully got into Animal House.
Animal House is almost more of a right of passage than a movie.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My mom was pretty strict with movies when I was growing up. (she relaxed a lot more for my other siblings) One time she and my dad were going away for the weekend. My youngest siblings were staying with my grandparents, but my brother and I (Me around 11-12. Him around 10-11) successfully lobbied to be able to stay home by ourselves. We were super pumped, and before they left, my folks gave us some money to go up to the town grocery store to get some food and rent some movies. But we were under express instructions not to rent any inappropriate stuff. Of course we ignored that.

Standing in front of the movie rack, at the store, the possibilities were endless. I already had "Die Hard" tucked under my arm because it's friggin Die Hard. So we were looking for a second film. We decided to go with a scary one. I didn't really know what I was looking for, so I decided to pick one based on what was on the cover. Something called "Pet Sematary" looked kind of cool. Or there was always one of the "Friday the 13th" movies that I'd heard kids talk about in school. And then I spotted it. The cover was all black, ominous, no fanfare. That was a good start. With a pair of devlishly red lips pouting sensuously, promising that there would be some sex to go along with the scares. Very appealing to a burgeoning young pre-teen. And the cherry on top? It had the word "Horror" in the title. It was a can't miss. So, I snagged it.

Fast forward a few hours, and my brother and I had just finished Die Hard. It was everything we could have hoped it would be. Truly a life changer of a move. Charged with machismo from Bruce Willis' cocksure demeanor, we were ready to tackle the next movie.

I popped in the video cassette and hit play. Anticipation built throughout the FBI warning screen. Finally, the show began, and those evil, sexy, ruby red lips from the video cover appeared on the screen. I looked at my brother and smiled. "Here we go!" I said.

...and then, the singing started

...oh it was horror, alright

..."Rocky" Horror

awkward? yes
confusing? mm-hmm
Meatloaf-filled? oh god yeah.

I'm not sure there was any other movie we could have rented that could have scared us more.

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Not a movie story (can't recall going to see any that my parents said no to).

However, I loved to read & had very advanced reading skills. My maternal grandmother gave me the book The Thornbirds when I was maybe in 5th - 7th grade. My Mom had a fit about it when she found out....many months after I finished reading the book.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Don’t remember ever seeing anything inappropriate in theaters but I remember watching Deliverance at a pretty young age with my mom and I think the whole “squeal like a pig” scene traumatized me for life.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I went and stayed a weekend with my brother who was freshman at UNI when I was 12. I went to an Apache House party and his housemates were giving me drinks. The next day he took me to The Life of Brian.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I have two:

- My brother took me to see Empire Strikes Back when I was 6 instead of seeing something that Mom wanted us to see. That was my first movie in a theater. That movie will always hold a special place in my heart.

- I was 10. Me and a friend were dropped off to watch Footloose for his birthday. After the previews, we snuck across the lobby and watched Police Academy. I was pleasantly surprised at a few of the scenes that day.

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
First movie I snuck into was one of the Mummy movies... not because of the ratings but because I was meeting a gf there and they were out of tickets. I think we shared a seat... what a waste of time.

• Funny

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
I remember being 8-9 when Titanic came out and promising my parents I'd close my eyes when the "naughty part" came on. Definitely the first pair of lady parts I remember seeing.