Old O'Malley's/New Italian?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Vinyl banner that says Italian restaurant coming soon. Tried searching previous threads so I apologize if someone out there already said what it is.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
O'Malley McGee's = new Olive Garden? :biggrin:

Therapist: Frank, this is a safe place. A place where we can feel free sharing our feelings. Think of my office as a nest in a tree of trust and understanding. We can say anything here.
Frank: Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Man, that was my favorite place to eat in Ames....BLAST!! They used to have killer 2 for 1 fajitas on the 1st Monday of every month when I was in Ames.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Man, that was my favorite place to eat in Ames....BLAST!! They used to have killer 2 for 1 fajitas on the 1st Monday of every month when I was in Ames.
It has been gone for awhile now. The floods over the summer made them decide not to rebuild/repair.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I do admit that I haven't been to Texas.

Well, my point was that Ames DOES have some good Mexican places. I've ate Mexican in areas that have a much richer Hispanic tradition than Central Iowa, and La Fuente holds its own with anything. It was a counter to the food snob comment at the beginning of the thread. And as your husband replied, no, you aren't missing much. Went to the Baylor game this fall, and it was and away the worst tailgating/pre-game environment I had yet to encounter. People were not friendly, and no one showed up till like 1.5 hrs prior :no:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When we went to the Houston bowl in 05, the Texans really didn't make me want to visit that much more than necessary. I think sometimes they think that Texas is just the best thing ever, while I could mostly do without it.

houston is a poop city. don't think all of texas is like that. san an, austin, and dallas are all pretty sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I lived in Houston for 4 years - I was glad to leave. Best mexican food I've had is in Arizona - I lived there for 5 years.

On a related note - Took the fam to MBB game Sat. and did not want to fight the crowds at the usual restaurants afterwards. Went to Cazador, and the whole experience was craptacular. Horrible service, took way to long for the food to get there - 1/2 hour - no exageration - for the nacho apps - and the food was ordinary. This was dissapointing because there used to be a Cazador in WDM on 22nd St by Hooters and we loved it. Logo's looked the same and I assume it was owned by the same family. Too bad!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I lived in Houston for 4 years - I was glad to leave. Best mexican food I've had is in Arizona - I lived there for 5 years.

On a related note - Took the fam to MBB game Sat. and did not want to fight the crowds at the usual restaurants afterwards. Went to Cazador, and the whole experience was craptacular. Horrible service, took way to long for the food to get there - 1/2 hour - no exageration - for the nacho apps - and the food was ordinary. This was dissapointing because there used to be a Cazador in WDM on 22nd St by Hooters and we loved it. Logo's looked the same and I assume it was owned by the same family. Too bad!

I've had repeated bad experiences at Cazador. I don't go back anymore.

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
Well I heard that the owners of Cazador are the ones opening the Italian place in the old O'Malley McGees building on Duff.

Help Support Us

Become a patron