KXNO Sports Fanatics

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

The tone deafness of Iowa player, fan and media in the state is shocking. Nobody gives a rat's ass about Iowa outside of this state. It's like Northwestern when they were OK and winning some west titles or when CU was winning in the crap Big 12 North division. No one cares outside of the state and a handful in their own crap divisions.

People around the country don't hate Iowa, they find Iowa to be irrelevant and a complete product of being in the worst power conference division for nearly a decade. When the good teams left the Big East, people bagged on UConn and Rutgers slugging it out not because they "hated" them, but because they were irrelevant teams gifted relevance by the absence of something actually good.

ISU, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska fans hate Iowa. That's it. No one else cares. At all. Iowa fans and players need to stop confusing annoyance at having to pretend they mean something with hatred.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
When Iowa plays a team it is that teams Super Bowl. :jimlad:

Iowa was favored most of the season.

I don't think Iowa played a top 50 offense all season.

I would love to see their record with our conference schedule. I say they get 2 with a chance at 3 at best.

• Agree
Reactions: Jdk

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
For anyone interested here's the famous Ross's Rant.

Oh man, I remember listening to this and thinking, "Holy ****, he actually needs help. This man is not ok."

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
The tone deafness of Iowa player, fan and media in the state is shocking. Nobody gives a rat's ass about Iowa outside of this state. It's like Northwestern when they were OK and winning some west titles or when CU was winning in the crap Big 12 North division. No one cares outside of the state and a handful in their own crap divisions.

People around the country don't hate Iowa, they find Iowa to be irrelevant and a complete product of being in the worst power conference division for nearly a decade. When the good teams left the Big East, people bagged on UConn and Rutgers slugging it out not because they "hated" them, but because they were irrelevant teams gifted relevance by the absence of something actually good.

ISU, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska fans hate Iowa. That's it. No one else cares. At all. Iowa fans and players need to stop confusing annoyance at having to pretend they mean something with hatred.
They barely warrant a refined google search outside of the state. LA Chargers SB Nation site with an article about NFL prospects to watch on conference championship weekend and sole Hawkeyes listed were Cooper DeJean and Luke Lachey.

• Informative
Reactions: clonehome

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
Been calling it for awhile now... Iowa will play Mich incredibly tough and we will see a group of referees bumble around to get the outcome the money machine requires. Its going to be excruciating for hawkeye fans and I will be entertained for hours.
You might be the only one thinking that. JH is back on the sidelines, look for a big FU to all of ncaa and big 10 with this game.

Reactions: Acylum

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

I think you can and should forgive Iowa players THIS season for feeling like the whole world was mocking them. I can't imagine what the at's and replies to those players' social media accounts were like this season.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think you can and should forgive Iowa players THIS season for feeling like the whole world was mocking them. I can't imagine what the at's and replies to those players' social media accounts were like this season.
Thought Kirk only allowed like one approved post a month by the players. Probably not much for reply’s the.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
and those are mostly from IOWA fans. I can’t believe Petras would even want to come back and represent Iowa after the **** IOWA fans were saying to him.

Reactions: carvers4math

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
The little league USSSA discussion is interesting. I think little league is very important tee ball til around 5th grade. By that age kids that are serious will be playing USSSA

I should add when I played it was near the early age of usssa. My team was parent organized team of kids all from my town. Basically all went to same elementary school. We only did 3-4 tournaments a year and played in a league in Des Moines. We mostly played team like use until we got to AAA. I remember playing a team that was in the majors that literally had kids from all over the state.

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The little league USSSA discussion is interesting. I think little league is very important tee ball til around 5th grade. By that age kids that are serious will be playing USSSA

USSSA has way too much "daddy ball". There are so many kids that are getting left behind at young ages and it's really gross. I see it with my own kid. He struggled when he was younger so he didn't have a landing spot. He ended up on a team of misfits like himself and played Single A ball through 13U. His last couple years he would have made try out teams if I pushed him that direction but we decided not to go down that route. You have these glory days dads coaching their kids teams and so many kids gets pushed to the side instead of getting pulled along and have an opportunity to develop. Just win baby!!!

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
USSSA has way too much "daddy ball". There are so many kids that are getting left behind at young ages and it's really gross. I see it with my own kid. He struggled when he was younger so he didn't have a landing spot. He ended up on a team of misfits like himself and played Single A ball through 13U. His last couple years he would have made try out teams if I pushed him that direction but we decided not to go down that route. You have these glory days dads coaching their kids teams and so many kids gets pushed to the side instead of getting pulled along and have an opportunity to develop. Just win baby!!!
I added my experience to my post, but it’s clear it’s changed since the decade plus I’ve been removed. Do groups of kids not form teams anymore or is it just about forming all star teams?

There is really something playing with the same core guys from youth into hs.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I added my experience to my post, but it’s clear it’s changed since the decade plus I’ve been removed. Do groups of kids not form teams anymore or is it just about forming all star teams?

There is really something playing with the same core guys from youth into hs.

I would say the general make up goes like this.

1.) Tryout Clubs
2.) Closed Teams that have cherry picked talent
3.) Kids/parents that form teams because they weren't selected in scenario 1 or 2.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would say the general make up goes like this.

1.) Tryout Clubs
2.) Closed Teams that have cherry picked talent
3.) Kids/parents that form teams because they weren't selected in scenario 1 or 2.
Top would be high end AAU clubs that you have to pay big money for and they ASK you to be part of the team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron