KXNO Sports Fanatics

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I liked the Fanatics show, but looking back, I felt bad for CW. It was pretty clear Chris was putting in the effort to watch and do his homework on Iowa so he could talk intelligently on the show, and I never got the sense Ross put in the same effort.

It was still a good show, and I know Chris & Ross are still good friends, but it could've been much better if Ross had matched Chris's effort.

Neither Travis or Ross tried watching any of the BYU game. I get it was late but you could have watched it Sunday. They make no effort.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
My god that was a brutal opening 30 minutes from Murph and Andy. Andy’s Hawk fandom is just glowing.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I always laughed when Ross would make comments about he wished Chris had a cohost that was as big an Iowa fan as Chris was an ISU fan. I found it to be a joke because when Ross hosts with anyone other than Chris he’s the biggest hawk homer and bags on ISU.

I loved that on one of their Iowa Everywhere pods Ross tried to pass off that famous rant about Iowa basketball off as a joke too. He meant every word

Oh man that ones a classic. I was listening live that day and yeah Ross went off the rails. He was 100% serious.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
For anyone interested here's the famous Ross's Rant.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
To their credit Ross and Travis did talk a bit in the 7am hour how Iowa fans should enjoy this Big 10 championship game because with the new Big 10 next year it may be awhile until Iowa makes it back with the new format. They said schedule would have to fall in place perfectly with Iowa getting a bunch of teams on down years to have a shot at 10 or 11 wins and top 2 finish going forward and that likely would not happen with the team they had this year that took advantage of a weak schedule.

I still remember the days of the Big 12 North and South and there were years we definitely benefited from not having to play Texas and Oklahoma. The 2000 season season where we went 9-3 and to the first bowl game in a long time was one of those. That was a good team but we still finished 3rd in the north losing 49-27 to then #1 Nebraska and 56-10 to #15 KSU. Our other loss was 30-7 to Texas A&M. We didn't play Texas or OU that year, OU was the BCS champion and Texas only loss in the conference was to OU. Iowa finished 3-9 that so that season so they were down then so just an example of how a weak schedule can benefit any team if things line up just right. Granted we actually had some offense that season too as we averaged just over 33 points a game in our 9 wins.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah, I listened to his Locked on Hawks pod for lulz after the Minnesota game and he made his feelings towards ISU very clear when not speaking to a divided audience.

He's the classic UNI alum/Iowa fan.
Was that the “idiots in Ames” comment?

Reactions: Al_4_State

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Yeah complaining about friends and acquaintances texting you/giving you a hard time is such a typical think skinned hawk move. Ever since Iowa clinched the west the narrative has moved away from their soft AF schedule to "they just keep finding a way". Michigan is going to kill Iowa.
Who's thin skinned?
Ross went full blown Hawk this morning on KXNO. Diminishing Iowa States win on Saturday night with a bunch of back handed compliments. I that game really hurt his feelings.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Man, KXNO has Seneca Wallace on every week to review Iowa State games but he also does NFL review. (The horror!)

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Yeah complaining about friends and acquaintances texting you/giving you a hard time is such a typical think skinned hawk move. Ever since Iowa clinched the west the narrative has moved away from their soft AF schedule to "they just keep finding a way". Michigan is going to kill Iowa.
It's going to be glorious.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I liked the Fanatics show, but looking back, I felt bad for CW. It was pretty clear Chris was putting in the effort to watch and do his homework on Iowa so he could talk intelligently on the show, and I never got the sense Ross put in the same effort.

It was still a good show, and I know Chris & Ross are still good friends, but it could've been much better if Ross had matched Chris's effort.
Ross could barely tell you the starting lineup for Iowa's men's basketball team if it wasn't in front of him. He's a disciple of Travis Justice: say things confidently and no one will question you. If they do question you, tell them they're wrong and raise your voice...or just hang up.

Reactions: CapnCy and Acylum

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Been calling it for awhile now... Iowa will play Mich incredibly tough and we will see a group of referees bumble around to get the outcome the money machine requires. Its going to be excruciating for hawkeye fans and I will be entertained for hours.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The tell was that Chris wasn't saying anything in response. He was taken aback and knew he was serious.

What did he say? Edit..Nevermind. Found the post with WRNL. I actually remember that rant now.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron