*** Official IOWA STATE vs Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Lincoln Riley getting beat to Cal. OU loses. Iowa State wins. What a great day. The only way it would be better is if KF lets junior loose for a press conference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do you watch the ******* games?

The Big 12 is TERRIBLE this year. We've played UNI, Ohio, Iowa, OSU, TCU, Baylor, OU, and Cinci. All but maybe OSU, who might be coming around, have less than stellar teams and many of those offenses are ATROCIOUS. Our secondary is phenomenal and that combination, of weak competition and a stellar secondary, has been good enough to give us good 'stats'.

Instead of being a jagoff actually addresss what was stated: the LBs and d front are weak and Heacock often allows teams way too much time to throw by rushing 3 guys. When we get burnt it's almost always when rushing 3, with the QB having ample time, and when we make plays its often when we bring pressure. And the one game we played a known good offense? OU destroyed us and it all started in the front 6. The LBs CONSTANTLY crashed into blockers instead of using their hands to shed and we often gave up contain. Pressure was non-existent and OU brutalized us in the middle of the field voids between the secondary and LBs. Why? Our LBs lack thr athleticism to drop back in coverage.

Is Heacock the problem? No. But I'm tired of idiotic fans like yourself dismissing legimate gripes without even assessing the validity of those concerns. Instead they cite empty stats without context.

We have an elite secondary but we also deploy a scheme that mitigates our strength (secondary) without mitigating our weakness (LBS). Our front isn't good but I'd add a man to Onyedum, Orange, Peterson etc and put money on a4-2-5 being more effective than the 3-3. Our LBs are THAT bad.

Anyone in d3nial should go back and watch tape. It's even more glaring if you go back and watch guys like Rose tackle,read, and drop into coverage then watch this group. Yikes.

Melting down after a road win.

Classic.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
These announcers were bad. Reminds me of the WV announcers a couple years ago in Morgantown.
I assumed they were local Baylor announcers.

Game was better without them.

Thought it would be dicey when we lost Tampa. Got some key plays out of others.

Very relieved. I just can’t stand Baylor football.

Reactions: t-noah

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Go on the road and win a game that gives us 3 in a row and 4 out of 5, and people are complaining. Yes, we left a lot of points on the field today, but it was a win after coming off an 1-8 season in the conference last year.
5 games in we are tied for first place in the conference, what more could people really expect right now after we lost to Ohio on the road.

Take the win, improve the long passes and move on to KU for homecoming.