Iowa Beat Writers

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I consider WHO-TV sports guys as Iowa beat writers since they spend most of their time talking about Iowa and Caitlyn Clark.

Tonight Andy Fales was over on the Dowling sideline for the Centennial Dowling game and was talking about how the coaches were barking to the players. I for one can vouch for him. Pretty sure Dowling assistants are well versed in using all forms of the word Jesus.

Was a chain gang member for a game against them once. They are pretty vulgar to say the least!!

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: irish and NWICY

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Bingo! Cade will still have the last word here folks.

Iowa is 3-1, and don’t have a single tough game on their schedule outside of maybe Wisky, who is down this year however.

Iowa will likely win 10 games, 9 at worst. I don’t understand why everyone is freaking out? KF and Cade will still have the last laugh….. even though Iowa isn’t very good at all.

Iowa will lose to Wisconsin and Nebraska.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Okay what’s the story here? I looked at the Iowa roster to see if this old teammate of my sons has played any and while scrolling through I saw the Twedt kid who flipped from us. I just went into the bio to see if he had played, it only lists his dad, no mom. Did his mom pass away or something like that?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I dunno what Iowa did to get so lucky, but I've NEVER seen teams just give games away like they do to Iowa.

KCCI can't stop drooling about it...calling the punt return "magical" puke.

LMAO the blown punt return where there was nobody within 25 yards of Cooper. As soon as he caught I said "that's six, he's gone".

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I dunno what Iowa did to get so lucky, but I've NEVER seen teams just give games away like they do to Iowa.

Iowas opponents are just really bad in all aspects of the game. The MAC would absolutely wreck the Big10 West this year. Sprinkle in MSU and Rutgers and you have an embarrassment of a power 5 schedule.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

It's not magic nor luck, Ferentz has done this for two decades. His teams are coached to follow their gameplan and wait for their opponent to make a mistake. It happens, a lot (these are in fact college kids). Iowa's players are put in this position repeatedly and don't panic. It's coaching and discipline. Campbell's teams fall into this trap every single time they play Iowa.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That's exactly how Iowa is built. They don't make mistakes and then when you inevitably do, they beat you with it.

It's not a coincidence that it seems to happen all the time.

I mean I get it but having the privilege. of playing complete garbage offenses kind of overstates how well their plan really works. The last big win Iowa has had was Penn State back in 2021 and they lose that game if Clifford doesn't get hurt.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's not magic nor luck, Ferentz has done this for two decades. His teams are coached to follow their gameplan and wait for their opponent to make a mistake. It happens, a lot (these are in fact college kids). Iowa's players are put in this position repeatedly and don't panic. It's coaching and discipline. Campbell's teams fall into this trap every single time they play Iowa.

It's beyond this. Iowa also made a lot of mistakes too.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
LMAO the blown punt return where there was nobody within 25 yards of Cooper. As soon as he caught I said "that's six, he's gone".
I wonder if he will leave after this year and move on to the NFL. He is currently a junior, nothing really to prove and why take another year of pounding when he could get paid for it.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017

I thought this was kind of shocking. A recently fired B1G coach on the Iowa sideline feels notable for a ton of different reasons.