Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I can't wait for this guy to go for 18 and 12 against us in December.

Meh what ever. This is the type of guy you take a chance on if he has 2-3 years of eligibility, not one. A random Thursday night in December won't change that.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nothing surprises me these days about the Iowa McHawkeyes. Frank now has a PhD in psychology? This is hilarious. I'm laughing at the fact that he went to the Garza's. Wonder if Frank gave Fran a bill?

Also noticed that Fran gave Patrick the "Iowa Sportsman Honoree" to him. He gave it to Connor a couple of years ago. Probably gave it to Marge last year. Just a cut and paste job, sorry.

1683574924975.png

Reactions: Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Nothing surprises me these days about the Iowa McHawkeyes. Frank now has a PhD in psychology? This is hilarious. I'm laughing at the fact that he went to the Garza's. Wonder if Frank gave Fran a bill?

Also noticed that Fran gave Patrick the "Iowa Sportsman Honoree" to him. He gave it to Connor a couple of years ago. Probably gave it to Marge last year. Just a cut and paste job, sorry.

View attachment 112872
Such a clown show. I will miss when Fran is out of kids to peddle as D1 players to the Hawk fan base and inevitably steps down/retires. The family is an American Treasure.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Meh what ever. This is the type of guy you take a chance on if he has 2-3 years of eligibility, not one. A random Thursday night in December won't change that.
Oh certainly not. Just speculating on the weird sh*t that seems to happen every time our teams clash. He probably averages 4 and 3 next year. And I actually know nothing about him, to know if that's generous or not.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So predictable yet so satisfying..

View attachment 112871
The Fran way... I have little doubt that Brauns and the staff held off on the announcement to this point to not get the fanbase fired up about Brauns taking the 1st transfer scholly and roster spot. Many of thier fans were very worried about this when he told the staff he was going to be a hawkeye 5 weeks ago.
Optics just look better announcing it today having a "extra" scholarship free than it did a month ago when they had dreams of an impact use of the spot.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

View attachment 112872
Last year was the Kriener mannequin

Reactions: ScottyP

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bluder pushed out Shateah Wetering because they thought they would get Lauren Betts from Stanford (who then transferred to UCLA).
Her brother is Jevohn Miller that was a linebacker for us. Knowing how he went off on CPR being let go, wonder how this will play out.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Longest known silent commit in portal history?

And some didn’t think Fran was working the portal hard. :p

Reading about iowa recruiting is kind of like listening to that guy who works for his Dad talk about his work-life challenges and triumphs.

"We're all so impressed, please tell us, just how on earth did you manage to land such an esteemed postion?"

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Her brother is Jevohn Miller that was a linebacker for us. Knowing how he went off on CPR being let go, wonder how this will play out.
Jevohn Miller turned himself into a serviceable linebacker for one year, I believe as a redshirt senior. Problem is, that defense was BAAAAD and as improved as he was, he was far from a game changer and was never going to be. And when you invest 5 years into a kid like that to essentially get a one year return, you need like 30 of those guys to peak at any one time in order to field a winning ball club.

On one hand, I can see why he was loyal to CPR. He reached his potential under him and it paid off for him personally, to the extent of which he was naturally capable. He was probably proud of the growth he achieved, as he should be.

On the other hand, come on man. A little self-awareness and humility should and usually does accompany such individuals at ISU. Campbell upgraded the talent immediately across the board, even in his first year, and that was fairly easy to see.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron