CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I’m curious how Big E will get involved tonight…maybe challenge Lashley?

In regards to Rhea, am I the only one thinking WWE needs to just cut Dom? He’s poor on the mic and he drags Rhea down. I don’t hate Dom because he’s a good heel, I hate Dom because he’s ****** at every important part of being a talented wrestler

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I’m curious how Big E will get involved tonight…maybe challenge Lashley?

In regards to Rhea, am I the only one thinking WWE needs to just cut Dom? He’s poor on the mic and he drags Rhea down. I don’t hate Dom because he’s a good heel, I hate Dom because he’s ****** at every important part of being a talented wrestler

He's been really good in this angle, but it's easy to be good when there is a good dynamic in this case family related. Will be interesting to see Dom in a program with someone else.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I suppose it makes sense story wise since everyone thought Cody winning was inevitable, but yeah I was still not expecting that.

There has been talk online wwe wants Roman to go over 1,000 days as champ so not totally shocked.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Son of a *****, they kept the belt on Reigns.

The match was great, but I just don't get the ending. I'm normally one of those "let it play out" types, but I really feel like they ****ed this one up. I get that they want to put Roman over 1000 days, but it almost feels like they've now booked themselves into a corner. Cody Rhodes will likely never be this over in WWE again, and they have nobody else even close to being built up enough to take the title off of him. Roman is pretty much guaranteed to have the title until SummerSlam now. At this point the dismantling of the Bloodline has to start tomorrow AND they have to hope Cody stays at least in the vicinity of being as over as he is right now for the next 4 months if he's the guy - but if he's not, then who?

It's actually kind of incredible that night 1 could be as good as it was and night 2 be... not.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Did he have a “crimson mask” as Jim Ross would say?

Even if he did, you’d never be able to tell because he had the demonic face paint on for this match. But the way blood was dripping on the mat, you could tell this was not some “busted open the hard way” type scenario. Even then, you had the online community whining about how Edge distracted the audience while he received medical attention. And from this tweet - this was something they couldn’t just work with.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Reflecting on things, this very well could be the reason why Roman Reigns retained last night. While him retaining makes almost no sense storyline-wise, it actually would make all kinds of sense business-wise - especially if a major sale like this is in the works. There's no question Roman Reigns, even as a heel, even in year three of his title reign with most of the fans long sick of him as champion, is the most marketable asset WWE currently has in its regular employ, so there's that.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Reflecting on things, this very well could be the reason why Roman Reigns retained last night. While him retaining makes almost no sense storyline-wise, it actually would make all kinds of sense business-wise - especially if a major sale like this is in the works. There's no question Roman Reigns, even as a heel, even in year three of his title reign with most of the fans long sick of him as champion, is the most marketable asset WWE currently has in its regular employ, so there's that.
I don't think most fans are actually sick of him as champ. No doubt that would be the case if they put the belt on him and just went through the motions for 2 and a half years but that's not what they've done. The Bloodline has been the best longterm storyline in wrestling hands down and arguably one of the best ever. The problem is the next logical beat and what everybody expected was for him to drop the titles. I guess it's possible they could keep the story going and keep fans invested but I'm skeptical.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I didn't love Reigns going over in the moment but I get it. The money in Cody is in the chase and they'll extend that a few more months. Cody gets the belt eventually, the problem is that it might not be until SummerSlam 2024. I worry that they're going to struggle to keep him hot.

I think they got Dwayne to commit to Mania next year and the only way that means anything is if Reigns is still the guy. Plus, if they wait until SS 2024, Reigns passes Hogan. I have no doubt that Heyman will be able to keep that story interesting for another year. Could be totally wrong, of course

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
How's the UFC merger gonna work? Are they going to make UFC any different or will it remain separate?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't think most fans are actually sick of him as champ. No doubt that would be the case if they put the belt on him and just went through the motions for 2 and a half years but that's not what they've done. The Bloodline has been the best longterm storyline in wrestling hands down and arguably one of the best ever. The problem is the next logical beat and what everybody expected was for him to drop the titles. I guess it's possible they could keep the story going and keep fans invested but I'm skeptical.

A year ago I would have agreed with this statement. 6 months ago when Sami Zayn breathed fresh life into the Bloodline I definitely would have agreed with this statement. Now? I think people are now at the point where they're getting done with him as champ. Now, it's not to the point with John Cena or even Roman Reigns at the height of his babyface run, but Reigns going over at WrestleMania was taken very negatively by most viewers.