Remembering food and beverages from childhood

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
zh68wtpay8m31.jpg

I was going to post this as well. I still miss it. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Go to the Dr. Pepper museum in TX. I haven't been there in probably 20 years, but IIRC they did sell older formulations of Dr. Pepper.

The "Dublin" formula of Dr. Pepper with Texas Imperial Sugar is still being canned and sold by a distributor in Temple, Texas.

1674839203429.png

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Not a particularly fond memory, but was anyone else forced to drink powdered milk as a kid in the 80's? God, that **** was gross. We didn't switch over to regular milk in a carton/plastic, until I was a teenager. After talking to my mom about it, as an adult, she said "We could have gotten regular milk at any time!" "I just never bought the regular milk, because nobody ever complained about the powdered!" MOM, nobody ever complained because we would have gotten our ass handed to us, for complaining! All those lost years... SMH

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I've been looking them up lately. If I thought kiddo would eat them, I'd jump to get them.
Some say they changed their sauce. Is that true?

I read somewhere that nearly every food from 15-20+ years ago has changed because companies are always looking to reduce the cost of manufacturing. New cheaper replacement ingredients are substituted.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I've been looking them up lately. If I thought kiddo would eat them, I'd jump to get them.
Some say they changed their sauce. Is that true?

I don't think the sauce is any different...but could be? My kids like them...and the best part of making the kit is that you can make different sections of the pizza with the toppings that a particular kid might like!

Reactions: CycloneErik

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Orange Crush was good to.

Speaking of orange "drink"... anybody drink Tang growing up? I used to love Tang and the McDonalds orange drink.

And I'm not sure how it's connected in my head but I'm running through my childhood cereals now: Sugar Corn Pops, Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Booberry, Honeycomb, Fruity Pebbles, Alpha Bits, SugarCrisp, FruitLoops, Trix

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not a particularly fond memory, but was anyone else forced to drink powdered milk as a kid in the 80's? God, that **** was gross. We didn't switch over to regular milk in a carton/plastic, until I was a teenager. After talking to my mom about it, as an adult, she said "We could have gotten regular milk at any time!" "I just never bought the regular milk, because nobody ever complained about the powdered!" MOM, nobody ever complained because we would have gotten our ass handed to us, for complaining! All those lost years... SMH
Not powdered milk, but grew up on Skim not really knowing what milk fat was until I was 12 or 13 and started spending the night at friends houses. Very eye opening and world changing at the time. I went home and asked my mom to start buying 1 or 2% and was told no without really being given a reason. Had to wait til I moved out of the house to start buying real milk. Those old codgers are still drinking Skim to this day.

Reactions: cdnlngld

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I don't think the sauce is any different...but could be? My kids like them...and the best part of making the kit is that you can make different sections of the pizza with the toppings that a particular kid might like!
“What’s in it for me? I get someone else to help cook a meal for a change.”

Help Support Us

Become a patron