Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
"For example last week they unveiled their Sweet 16 banner pregame. Maybe Iowa could try this?"

Was the internet invented way back then? Just asking.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’m sure this will go over well in IC. “Not a complaint” but it’s a complaint.

Does he not understand that the students all went home for the week of Thanksgiving? Not that they usually attend anyway…. unless they’re handing out free stuff of course.

Also…. the team just isn’t very likable…. I wonder why that is Connor??

Reactions: Acylum and CyNews

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Does he not understand that the students all went home for the week of Thanksgiving? Not that they usually attend anyway…. unless they’re handing out free stuff of course.

Also…. the team just isn’t very likable…. I wonder why that is Connor??
I wrote that once and got toasted for it. But,yeah,just not very likable.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
"For example last week they unveiled their Sweet 16 banner pregame. Maybe Iowa could try this?"

Was the internet invented way back then? Just asking.

They promoted the last Sweet 16 banner on a Geo Cities website. I read about it on my Prodigy dial up ISP.

*I thought this was sarcasm but looked up and it was the 90s so probably pretty accurate.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Good win Cyclones. Iowa state is going to be a tough matchup for a lot of teams but the Hawks In particular in a couple weeks. It's hard to score 70-80 on Iowa State and Iowa doesn’t seem to win many games when they score below that.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: pourcyne and JVAR

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Good win Cyclones. Iowa state is going to be a tough matchup for a lot of teams but the Hawks In particular in a couple weeks. It's hard to score 70-80 on Iowa State and Iowa doesn’t seem to win many games when they score below that.
I'm just going to go ahead and assume Sandfort (who has not been good all year from 3) will go off vs ISU...

I think ISU has the bigs to rotate and frustrate Rebracca and PM all game..

Key will be Perkins IMO. Murray will prob get his. Can ISU keep Perkins from going downhill all game will be the key.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Barta/Kirk/Fran thought it was a good idea to give the Hawk Bball players their Big 10 Tourney Championship rings at half of the ISU-Iowa football game. Probably figured it was a better environment than doing it in the septic tank called Carver Hawkeye.

Reactions: zmjames6 and CyNews

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I'm just going to go ahead and assume Sandfort (who has not been good all year from 3) will go off vs ISU...

I think ISU has the bigs to rotate and frustrate Rebracca and PM all game..

Key will be Perkins IMO. Murray will prob get his. Can ISU keep Perkins from going downhill all game will be the key.
We haven't shot well from deep all year. This team has a lot less shooters from Fran's recent teams. They're built to be better on defense but will they be is another question. Late yesterday they let clemson get whatever they wanted. I'm very jealous of how Iowa State defends. Every pass is challenged. They have some athletes but alot of it is effort and discipline

Perkins is not only the key to the Iowa State game but the season imo. He needs to be a all big ten 2nd to 3rd type of performer if we're going to be a legitimate top 25 type team

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron