Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Perkins is very animated he got a technical for similar thing in the exhibition game. He's really got 2 in 4 games now. I love the fire but could be costly in a tighter game

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ah yes, the dreaded Pizza Hut parking lot. I can think of no place more associated with aggressive and violent behavior.

Is this why they don't have sit-down Pizza Huts anymore? To keep the rif-raf like BWood and CMac away because they kept assaulting people in the parking lot?
My HS basketball team ate at a Pizza Hut after a game once. One of our seniors started school a year late, and actually turned 20 the summer he graduated. Anyway, he would've been 19 at the time of this game, and was a lot bigger and older looking than most other high school kids. Had facial hair etc. We pounded this team we played really bad, and he had had a great game, but had a very tough physical playing style. He injured one of their players during the game, I think possibly broke the kids arm.

We stop at this pizza hut in this teams home town and everything was fine until we were leaving the restaurant. One of the home teams fans, possibly a parent, who knows, who had been at the game followed us out and wanted to throw down with our 19 year old senior. Told him he was too old to be playing a kids game and to pick on someone his own size, insinuating himself I imagine. They didn't come to blows or anything, but the way Underwood describes the Pizza Hut parking lot scene certainly resonated with me.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Should be easy to say when you're wrong but most people don't do it.
I was wrong about the Murrays. Totally wrong. Fran might get Kris into the lottery, and that's a hell of a feat.
He just needs to capitalize in on it coaching wise in late March.

Reactions: Statefan10

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Should be easy to say when you're wrong but most people don't do it.
I was wrong about the Murrays. Totally wrong. Fran might get Kris into the lottery, and that's a hell of a feat.
He just needs to capitalize in on it coaching wise in late March.
Just makes it even more incredible that jackwad Fran had him stashed on the bench last year and hasn't been able to do anything with 3 straight NPOY candidates. But, you know, gotta play the McCaffrey kids.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just makes it even more incredible that jackwad Fran had him stashed on the bench last year and hasn't been able to do anything with 3 straight NPOY candidates. But, you know, gotta play the McCaffrey kids.
It does seem like Fran's shrinking his rotation a little tho.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Stepping way up in competition,...Clemson at 4-1.

Get that one,.....probably, a disappointing so far, TCU.

Real early season competition is fun for us fans.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Stepping way up in competition,...Clemson at 4-1.

Get that one,.....probably, a disappointing so far, TCU.

Real early season competition is fun for us fans.
It's P6 competition, but it's kind of a joke. A little reminiscent of our non-con last year. We played Xavier, who was touted, but missing a couple key guys when we played, Memphis, who was ranked but ended up underachieving, Iowa, who we all are familiar with as a pre-season world beater of sorts, and Creighton which actually turned out to be our best win, possibly all year. Seton Hall, Clemson, and TCU are all a step up from Iowa's regular non con slate, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if none of them make the field of 68, based on what I've seen so far. Idk when Iowa plays TCU, but they likely won't have Damion Baugh, out til 11/30. They do have us and Duke still in December!