*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Why would we do that?
Because then I’m not looking at 3pt percentage and still saying his playing bad. Lol

And joking aside. Chucking up 3s is basically a turnover because we rarely get the rebound and we lose a possession. So continuing to shoot when you don't have it is not valuing the basketball.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Iowa state looking like a better and better option for transfers and recruits. 5th high major game for Osun gets him a matchup with Babcot
He may not fair well against NC, but Osun played his best game as a clone - by far.
I had been a little disappointed in his play so far this year - but he really played well today. Wish he was better on the glass.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Because then I’m not looking at 3pt percentage and still saying his playing bad. Lol

And joking aside. Chucking up 3s is basically a turnover because we rarely get the rebound and we lose a possession. So continuing to shoot when you don't have it is not valuing the basketball.
Coming into the game we were #3 in offensive rebounding percentage and #4 in total offensive rebounds in the nation. Try to find something factual to trash our team over instead

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019

which is why he only shot 4 against good competition. If you really only want good 3 pt shooters that are mediocre at everything else, be a Hawkeye fan and enjoy your first round tourney exit.

Reactions: GTO and CyNews

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Can you get those stats on 3 pointers?
I agree Grill was taking ill advised 3s in the first 3 games, but when it mattered, against a good team, he only took 4 good looks and made the biggest 3 of the game.

Reactions: CycloneVet

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
If somehow we do get NC tomorrow, do they split the screen 40 phucking times? And, could there be 8 games happening simultaneously?
That split screen with 3 games is awful. I have a 65 inch TV and I can’t see what’s happening in any of the 3. Then they go to that weird camera angle from the side that seems so far away. They are trying way too hard.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Look. Bottom line is, when your offensive plan is to try to get guys open for 3s who shoot under 30%, then you have a bad offensive plan. We have other options this year. We have pick and roll game. We have inside game. We have cutters. Why do we need to do this pass around the perimeter looking for Gabe and Grill to chuck up a bunch of airballs. Please for the love of god let that not be the ******* plan again.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I agree with the 2nd part not just for the run off, but make Nova play some defense and work it around a bit if it's not a great look.

ISU got impatient.