*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Good win, lots to work on. Big opportunity tomorrow.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Super poise by freshman Lipsey. Makes a mistake, but then plays great D and makes 4 big free throws.

Holmes and Gabe can manufacture shots sometimes. But I think eventually Lipsey running the offense and working the ball inside to Osun or even Rob is going to help avoid those scoring droughts.

Yeah Lipsey had the one turnover late, but overall I think he’s the guy we want breaking the press and I think he’s ready for it this year after a few tough games to learn. I love what Holmes is doing overall but he did not do well against press today and we got lucky a lot of times.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Holmes and Gabe can manufacture shots sometimes. But I think eventually Lipsey running the offense and working the ball inside to Osun or even Rob is going to help avoid those scoring droughts.

Yeah Lipsey had the one turnover late, but overall I think he’s the guy we want breaking the press and I think he’s ready for it this year after a few tough games to learn. I love what Holmes is doing overall but he did not do well against press today and we got lucky a lot of times.
Plus if he can make free throws, that's big in the last 2 minutes. He's just a winner.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
If we beat UNC tomorrow, we become #1. That's how this works, right?
the-house-will-ferrell.gif

Reactions: Acylum and JBone84

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Love the way our guys overcame some horrible reffing.

Would love to see Jaz be our highest volume 3 pt shooter. He’s proven over 5 years he can nail them. Just needs to keep the percentage up with increased volume. The way we play D, we all just need to accept we’re not going to shoot 3s as well as we would if we slacked on D. I’ll take 33% from Gabe with everything else he does. Same with Grill. 1-4 today didn’t hurt us at all. Just can’t go 1-8.