Housing market

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Those years of increased home values/prices and low interest rates making it super easy for people to buy new houses on a whim are over. You are going to need a really good reason to move if prices come down AND interest rates are high.

Wouldn’t want to be an average or below average realtor right now.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Those years of increased home values/prices and low interest rates making it super easy for people to buy new houses on a whim are over. You are going to need a really good reason to move if prices come down AND interest rates are high.

Wouldn’t want to be an average or below average realtor right now.
The crap realtors are going to be transferring to where they should have been all along, used car sales.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
While this sucks for home builders, this is good news for the fed, right? Perhaps we're actually starting to see the slowdown they were working to create.

Yes that's the ultimate goal; used car prices are already down 10% YOY and we are already starting to see housing take that path. It sucks for a lot of folks but was necessary.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Yes that's the ultimate goal; used car prices are already down 10% YOY and we are already starting to see housing take that path. It sucks for a lot of folks but was necessary.
Who really? Only those who moved too slow to lock in unearned appreciation.
Sorry not sorry.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Sorry not sorry.
I'm not talking about those buying or selling. There have been massive layoffs around the country in banking, auto sales, mortgage, real estate, etc. It affects a lot of people when a correction is needed.

Reactions: KnappShack

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Maybe this time around millennials like me can take advantage of the housing market crash
People underestimate how hard it was to get a house when the crash happened. Lending got super tight and requirements from the banks was an overkill. Foreclosures were being bought with cash/deeper pockets. 2008, 2009 and 2010 were some really hard times for new home buyers and people with average credit. Obama tried to build some momentum by offering up $8K for new home buyers, but ultimately it was lack luster incentive for all the reasons outlined above.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Sorry not sorry.

I'm sure there are some who started a new home build and have gotten stuck with higher than planned rates and difficulty selling an existing home.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
People underestimate how hard it was to get a house when the crash happened. Lending got super tight and requirements from the banks was an overkill. Foreclosures were being bought with cash/deeper pockets. 2008, 2009 and 2010 were some really hard times for new home buyers and people with average credit. Obama tried to build some momentum by offering up $8K for new home buyers, but ultimately it was lack luster incentive for all the reasons outlined above.
From what I’ve read, lending is tightening up again now as well.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm not talking about those buying or selling. There have been massive layoffs around the country in banking, auto sales, mortgage, real estate, etc. It affects a lot of people when a correction is needed.

Wut? How did I miss these “massive” layoffs?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Meh my niece just sold her house in 3 days and accepted an offer over asking price. Still plenty of people looking to buy a house. Her realtor did say the 400-500,000 market is cooling some.

Reactions: MJ29