2022 Field of Dreams

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
This year wasn't as good as last year, but that was expected. Last year's game was impossible to top (two contenders, Kevin Costner in attendance, walk-off home run. It was still fun to watch. The hologram Harry was a bad idea though.

Even though it is hard to top James Earl Jones, having Vin Scully quote the part from Field of Dreams was a nice touch. I could listen to Vin Scully read a children's book and enjoy it.

Joey Votto was a great interview as well.

Reactions: wxman1

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Well I had an absolute blast. Would highly recommend for any baseball fan, if they continue this in the future.
Most baseball fans would love to attend one of these games (me included) but it would be very hard to justify. Bucket list or not.
The ticket prices I saw excludes the average fan.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
With the plans to expand fields and other projects, some of the experience of watching a game in a rural setting will be gone. If thats what people want, so be it. But it will not be a Field of Dreams experience.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
With the plans to expand fields and other projects, some of the experience of watching a game in a rural setting will be gone. If thats what people want, so be it. But it will not be a Field of Dreams experience.
Everyone is going to feel differently about this, but I disagree. The original house, the field from the movie, the corn field, it's all still going to be there. The fields they're building around it are going to make it possible for youth players and teams from all over to get to play games at the Field of Dreams. That's going to be cool for a lot of dads, moms, sons, and daughters. I think it's pretty cool.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Growing up in small town Iowa, we played on diamonds just like the Field of Dreams, except for the house( Elk Horn, where the house was 50 foot from the visitor dugout). No outfield fence, wire backstop, maybe not so level.

Reactions: aauummm

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

As long as you walk through the corn to get to the Big field, it will be a field of dreams experience no matter how many fields they add to the outskirts.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Growing up in small town Iowa, we played on diamonds just like the Field of Dreams, except for the house( Elk Horn, where the house was 50 foot from the visitor dugout). No outfield fence, wire backstop, maybe not so level.
Son played on a field where the school had the scoreboard screwed into it and was also the home run fence. They also had left field with a fairly steep grade headed out so the outfielder struggled to gauge the ball. Think it was in Gilbert city maybe.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Played on a field that had a cattle crossing from right field to left field. it had rained the week we played there and right field was an absolute disaster.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve seen that field and I think I know exactly what your talking about. Quite the deal.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think you have to grow it or it may die.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Played on a no fence one where in left and right field the ground sloped away rather dramatically.

Not a great clumsy kid field.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anyone here plan on that old one in Manly that had the goofy ass outfield fence because of where it’s situation by the highway and the fence basically ran a straight line from foul pole to foul pole?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron