Houston, Cincy, and UCF set to join the Big 12 in 2023-24 season

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
A fact I've apparently been sleeping on: After OUT leaves, we'll be 2nd in stadium capacity behind BYU. Not that the gap is huge, but I guess I thought some of those stadiums held more people.

Size-wize, places like Amon G Carter are definitely bigger, but feature far more club seating than Jack Trice. We cram people in like sardines on benches and hillsides.

• Informative
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
For 2025 and beyond. Move to the pod system. "9th" conference football game is a playoff with another pod to determine who goes to the Big 12 championship game. You get to sell a 2 round playoff to the TV networks. $$$$$$$

4 pods:

1 - ISU, KU, KSU
2 - BU, BYU, TCU
3 - WV, Cincy, UCF,
4 - Tech, UH, OSU

Football: (8 games with the 9th being apart of a two round playoff)
Guaranteed game against everyone in your pod every season (1 Home and 1 Away game)
Rotating set of pods every year (ISU plays pods 2-3, then 3-4 next year). Makes scheduling SOOO easy.
What used to be the final week of the regular season, the Big 12 will start it's "playoff"
#1 seed from every pod plays the other #1 seed. Seeding of the #1 seeds can be based on whatever poll or metric is relevant for the CFP. Using 2021 football season results for an example to rank #1's: (Cincy plays ISU and BU plays OSU). Can it get more fair?

Basketball: (19 games plus a playoff start for 20)
Guaranteed home and away games against your pod
Play everyone once (Every other year you play home or away)
Like football, you play a rotating set of 2 pods every year
The 20th game for conference play is a playoff to determine seeding for the tournament in KC
Top seeds from every pod get a bye in round 1
We can't have rationale thought here!

Not allowed. Ban hammer.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
For the 2 years, put OuT in the same division with the 4 new comers and one other team (WV?).
Nice 'Out of the box' idea. Let them play the 4 new comers at Home. Make them play most of the others, well the old big 8 (ISU, OSU, KSU, KU) to start with, Away.

That'll teach 'em.
Give them one year of playing at Houston and at UCF and there will be a lot of their donors screaming for a deal to get out of the Big 12 before the next year. The league should hold either or both of OUT feet to the fire for as much as the league can get in any settlement. No discounts - what they are getting is the opportunity to leave early.
Makes sense to me.
I've always disliked that those two schools got a neutral site game every freaking year, thus taking away a true road game for them. It really was such an advantage for them too.

The rest of our conference mates need to get together and make their life/scheduling as ****** as they can for these freaking traitors.

Also, the first line of business our new commissioner, whomever it will be, needs to announce that when we have the 4 new members, we as a conference will only be playing 8 conference games just like the SEC does now. We will only switch to 9 conference games when they make the change as well. Until then, it is NOT a level playing field for the P6. Call out the BS scheduling the SEC has been doing for years and benefiting from it.
Spoken like a Patriot.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron