Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Fran smiling and winking at Marge. Fran is getting pegged tonight!
5c75fa402500001c0580acaf.jpeg

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Such a beat down they might be behind us in NET tomorrow
MSU was #29 before the game. They for sure drop below #30 which takes this game to Q2 for Iowa. They can't even pillow fight their way to a Q1 win (OK, they got one at tOSU, let me know when they get to .500 in Q1).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Such a beat down they might be behind us in NET tomorrow

Yup, they are 35 and we are now 34. Movin' on up. Man I really hope we get at least WVU and OSU, just to leave no doubt about it, but man it's hard to believe what we've seen out of this team this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Here is the selection committee:

TOM BURNETT (2022) – Southland Conference Commissioner (Chairman)

MIKE O’BRIEN (2022) – Toledo Athletic Director

BERNADETTE MCGLADE (2023) – Atlantic 10 Commissioner

CHRIS REYNOLDS (2023) – Bradley Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics (Vice-Chairman)

CHARLES MCCLELLAND (2024) – SWAC Commissioner

JAMIE POLLARD (2024) – Iowa State Athletic Director

BUBBA CUNNINGHAM (2025) – North Carolina Athletic Director

MARK COYLE (2026) – Minnesota Athletic Director

MARTIN JARMOND (2026) – UCLA Athletic Director

GREG BYRNE (2026) – Alabama Athletic Director

KEITH GILL (2026) – Sun Belt Commissioner

BARRY COLLIER (2026) – Butler Athletic Director

Anybody think ISU will not get a serious look?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Here is the selection committee:

TOM BURNETT (2022) – Southland Conference Commissioner (Chairman)

MIKE O’BRIEN (2022) – Toledo Athletic Director

BERNADETTE MCGLADE (2023) – Atlantic 10 Commissioner

CHRIS REYNOLDS (2023) – Bradley Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics (Vice-Chairman)

CHARLES MCCLELLAND (2024) – SWAC Commissioner

JAMIE POLLARD (2024) – Iowa State Athletic Director

BUBBA CUNNINGHAM (2025) – North Carolina Athletic Director

MARK COYLE (2026) – Minnesota Athletic Director

MARTIN JARMOND (2026) – UCLA Athletic Director

GREG BYRNE (2026) – Alabama Athletic Director

KEITH GILL (2026) – Sun Belt Commissioner

BARRY COLLIER (2026) – Butler Athletic Director

Anybody think ISU will not get a serious look?
For the record, Jamie has to leave the room anytime they discuss ISU at all. But I have confidence that Jamie has ways to influence the committee.

• Informative
Reactions: RezClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's amazing to see the Murray's continue to improve. Hard to believe that we all laughed at their commitments to Iowa and that Foster was the prize of that class. Glad Iowa got the Murray's instead.
Yeah I don’t think you could’ve convinced really anyone that it would have ended like this. Recruiting is weird! It’s like Tyrese Haliburton.. A kid that chose us really over UNI and now he’s a top young PG in the league and trending towards all-star status. Or Ja Morant who was found at an AAU tournament while playing 3v3 on a side hoop.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
It's amazing to see the Murray's continue to improve. Hard to believe that we all laughed at their commitments to Iowa and that Foster was the prize of that class. Glad Iowa got the Murray's instead.
You are correct here. They seemed like really nice kids coming out of his, but that was about it. How wrong I was with that eval. They have really come into their own. Good for them.

Reactions: Statefan10

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yeah I don’t think you could’ve convinced really anyone that it would have ended like this. Recruiting is weird! It’s like Tyrese Haliburton.. A kid that chose us really over UNI and now he’s a top young PG in the league and trending towards all-star status. Or Ja Morant who was found at an AAU tournament while playing 3v3 on a side hoop.
Makes you wonder what the experts see when scouting a player. The Murray's had good size, athleticism, and decent basketball skills. You would have thought they would have had more options than they had.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Also, why in the hell did Sacramento trade him? They really screwed up.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I'm ashamed at how excited I was to get Dudley Blackwell...

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm ashamed at how excited I was to get Dudley Blackwell...
I’m ashamed of a lot of my basketball takes the last two years. Lol they’ve been so bad. Hell I tried to stay “level headed” this year and predicted us and Iowa both to struggle and be around .500. Both teams blew that out of the water.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Makes you wonder what the experts see when scouting a player. The Murray's had good size, athleticism, and decent basketball skills. You would have thought they would have had more options than they had.
I really don’t know. Lol a lot of it’s eye test at the time. I really think Fran took a shot in the dark on the Murray’s and thought what’s the worst thing that could happen? Smart, good kids who have some skill, have the length and their father played at Iowa. It paid off tremendously.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I’m ashamed of a lot of my basketball takes the last two years. Lol they’ve been so bad. Hell I tried to stay “level headed” this year and predicted us and Iowa both to struggle and be around .500. Both teams blew that out of the water.
Yep, why I usually try to wait and see if they are going to pan out first or not. But even I wasn't too thrilled with adding the Murray's at that point in time.

I figured Iowa was going to be on the bubble coming into the season and thought that ISU would be NIT bound.

Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron