Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’ll hand it to them. They are absolutely rolling right now.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I’ll hand it to them. They are absolutely rolling right now.
Yep. Rolling over the following AD teams:

Minnesota (155th)
Maryland (110th)
Nebraska (172nd)
Ohio State (122nd)
Michigan State (55th)
Nebraska (172nd)
Northwestern (56th)
Michigan (82nd)

I am NOT saying they aren't good. But the adoration for them by so many looking at who they've beaten is hilarious to me.

Reactions: CycloneVet

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The ball moves better, they were too centered around Garza last year. The ability of Keegun to play the 5 makes them a really tough matchup for anyone bc other than Rebracca, everyone can handle the ball.

Not sure I agree the last part.

They are more dynamic though. I'll still wait until they play a defense.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yep. Rolling over the following AD teams:

Minnesota (155th)
Maryland (110th)
Nebraska (172nd)
Ohio State (122nd)
Michigan State (55th)
Nebraska (172nd)
Northwestern (56th)
Michigan (82nd)

I am NOT saying they aren't good. But the adoration for them by so many looking at who they've beaten is hilarious to me.

They are also obliterating those teams. And I don’t care just about Adj D, some of those teams have very good EM. You’re cherry picking.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
They are also obliterating those teams. And I don’t care just about Adj D, some of those teams have very good EM. You’re cherry picking.
LOL How am I cherry picking when it's factual? You think they're rolling...I'm not saying they aren't. I am saying, just like last year, they won a slew of games to end the season but the Big Ten, just like last year, doesn't have strong defense and was exploited in the tourney. That is also a fact. So like others, I'm waiting until they face a good defense and good guards because they'll lose. It was an EASY pick for me Oregon over Iowa last year. But yeah...cherry picking. (massive eyeroll)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
LOL How am I cherry picking when it's factual? You think they're rolling...I'm not saying they aren't. I am saying, just like last year, they won a slew of games to end the season but the Big Ten, just like last year, does't have strong defense and was exploited in the tourney. That is also a fact. So like others, I'm waiting until they face a good defense and good guards because they'll lose. It was an EASY pick for me Oregon over Iowa last year. But yeah...cherry picking. (massive eyeroll)

Again, if you’re focusing just on defensive efficiency and not talking about total efficiency I think you’re cherry picking. We can agree to disagree.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Again, if you’re focusing just on defensive efficiency and not talking about total efficiency I think you’re cherry picking. We can agree to disagree.
Tell me how Iowa has done against teams with a defense in the top 25? I'll wait. It's not cherry picking when it's factual that Iowa has a great offense but struggles with good defenses and good guards. It's not up for debate.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
I’ve watched quite a few of their games and think they’re quite good. Playing Perkins who I didn’t know was 6’4” has really helped their defense and rebounding. The two Murray’s are really good and the rest of their players seem to know their roles. They don’t turn the ball over, either. On here we see other teams thru Cyclone colored glasses but they’re pretty good. And trending to get better.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I’ve watched quite a few of their games and think they’re quite good. Playing Perkins who I didn’t know was 6’4” has really helped their defense and rebounding. The two Murray’s are really good and the rest of their players seem to know their roles. They don’t turn the ball over, either. On here we see other teams thru Cyclone colored glasses but they’re pretty good. And trending to get better.
Murrays are a serious matchup problem. They’re a damn good team right now. Still really weak inside on defense and vulnerable to dribble penetration. Could be the year for a Sweet Sixteen for mad Fran as much as I’d hate it.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I don't see many on here saying they aren't good and not playing very well. It's more that they're playing teams where of course they're going to beat badly with an offense as good as they have. For the record, if Iowa plays a team like Kansas...Iowa wins and I think wins pretty convincingly.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Tell me how Iowa has done against teams with a defense in the top 25? I'll wait. It's not cherry picking when it's factual that Iowa has a great offense but struggles with good defenses and good guards. It's not up for debate.

What teams have they played with a defense in the top 25? What’s their overall record against teams in the top 25 DE? What is our record against teams in the top 25 DE?