Xavier Foster removed from team; target of sexual assault investigation

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Most of us wouldn't have done any better given the same stress and circumstances, but man, if the goal was to make a clear statement of innocence, express remorse and/or accountability, or even just make a clear pitch that his recruitment is now open, I'm guessing that attorney is wishing he would've just drafted an email.

2c856d24df0b8bf20e49d46a77026a09.gif

Happy he had his name cleared, relieved for his and her parents to move this behind them, hope the others in this situation are doing well, and hopefully Randy doesn't now ask TJ about this in the postgames from here on out.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Glad to hear from you that he sounds more grown up. I wasn't making the best choices, like many, at that age.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Is that from his attorney? If so I'm going to imagine he wishes his client hadn't just admitted it was largely his fault for being dismissed...
I think that the if they were to come guns blazing for ISU it would not make it quite as easy to have a soft landing elsewhere. I X struck a great tone.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He’s got a high powered lawyer im sure he will find a way to get money from ISU

Your Honor, I would like to enter the following statement by Mr. Foster into evidence --

“It wasn’t the case that I was released for,” Foster said. “With my foot being injured… I showed up late to practice and tutoring… I would have been released either way.”

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2022/02/...dismissal-from-iowa-state-for-the-first-time/

Doesn't sound like somebody about to lean into litigation to be making devastating statements against his own case in public with several members of the press there to record everything.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
He's going to try to come back I bet
It doesn't seem like it. He was asked that directly and he said without much hesitation "no I want to go someplace warm." He was asked about Indian Hills. Dad answered said "we are not in a position to big league anybody but we think there are better opportunities...juco will be there but we hope for something else."

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It doesn't seem like it. He was asked that directly and he said without much hesitation "no I want to go someplace warm." He was asked about Indian Hills. Dad answered said "we are not in a position to big league anybody but we think there are better opportunities...juco will be there but we hope for something else."

Waco is warm and they recruited him hard before. I'll say Baylor or a LA school.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Even his mom kinda stated that he was being “like an 18 year”. She was kinda subdued almost embarrassed for the way he had acted.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
How much of that has to do with living accommodations? I'm sure it's only a small part, but my dorm room was an 8x8 prison cell. Community showers. No air. The stuff I see now is like living in the lap of luxury.
Zero, tuition has nothing to do with housing.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Your Honor, I would like to enter the following statement by Mr. Foster into evidence --

“It wasn’t the case that I was released for,” Foster said. “With my foot being injured… I showed up late to practice and tutoring… I would have been released either way.”

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2022/02/...dismissal-from-iowa-state-for-the-first-time/

Doesn't sound like somebody about to lean into litigation to be making devastating statements against his own case in public with several members of the press there to record everything.

if you know about Parrish and who he represents, he usually walks away with more than he ever should. I’m well aware what foster said.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Probably could/will sue… tie his injury into ADA.
I don't think they will make a stink, the things he was actually kicked off the team for are probably things that would limit future schools taking a chance on him