*** Official #20 IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Texas shooting well. ISU isn't. I wish people would lay off TJ. Ripping on the coach is what ******* Hawk fans do. We are better than that. Just not our day today.
Even if this team doesn't make the NCAA, I love this team and how they play. Just limited offensively.

TJ is fine. Right now he is getting ripped when ISU loses. To be expected. When he starts getting ripped for winning like Prohm was........time to worry.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The bubble is extremely weak. There is a lot of average in the country. I think they need 4 wins. But lots of average teams in the country. This year they will be challenged to find 68 worthy teams
We'll see, if we do end up getting in still I think we are headed for 10 or 11 territory. Our resume just isn't as good as it looked earlier.

Reactions: fsanford

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Didn't watch because I don't have LHN but knew it wasn't worth the effort.

Lack of offense, inability to change and lack of accurate shooters is a trifecta that defense can't overcome.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
We'll see, if we do end up getting in still I think we are headed for 10 or 11 territory. Our resume just isn't as good as it looked earlier.
Would still take it :) Don't think a lot of difference between 3 to 14 seeds this year.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
The problem is Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas St and West Virginia are piling up losses just as quickly as we are. Those aren't going to be good wins by the end of the season.
Our non-conference resume isn't as strong as it looked earlier either. Iowa, Creighton, and Memphis are probably NIT teams and Xavier hasn't been playing very well either.

They don’t need good wins. Tech, Texas, and Xavier are plenty strong enough. Those are top 25 wins. Throw in Iowa and zero bad losses and it’s just a matter of getting enough wins to qualify.

ISU isn’t in a unique position either. 18-14 teams with similar resume have made it before

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
While the defense was an abomination, didn’t Hoiball routinely score 40 points in a half? Can we find the happy medium?

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Disappointed with how they played in the second half and the loss today, but let's keep the HS comments down a tad. Unless you were one of the geniouses who knew TJ would have 16 wins with big Quad 1 victories at this point in the season.

Fans in October: 'This team has issues in the post and guards and hardly any depth...10 wins with a team that plays hard will be OK for year one'.

Now: 'They can't even win in Austin!!???'

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This coming week will be telling. If we play well and lose in Morgantown it will suck but I can live with it. But lose big and don’t score and then lose at home to KSU next weekend? Ncaa chances are pretty much shot IMO.

As ****** as our offense is I have to remind myself Texas’ defense is one of the best on the country. WVU is beatable. Even on the road.

IF, and it’s a big if, we go 2-0 next week that will be amazing and hopefully a kickstart to a string of wins.

Reactions: legi

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
They don’t need good wins. Tech, Texas, and Xavier are plenty strong enough. Those are top 25 wins. Throw in Iowa and zero bad losses and it’s just a matter of getting enough wins to qualify.

ISU isn’t in a unique position either. 18-14 teams with similar resume have made it before

This is correct. They have 9 games left (8 regular/1 conference tourney). I think they will get 5 more wins at least. With no bad losses they are in. What line is of no concern. I thought earlier they were a shoe in single digit seed. Need to rethink that. But I still think they are in and will be a tough out much like the non conference.

Reactions: NWICY

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Anyone shitting on ANY bid for this team are out of their mind. Play-in game would be FANTASTIC
From preseason expectations, absolutely. But dismissing outright potential concerns with how it may end up happening isn't totally fair, either.