Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I really think that would of been ticky-tac if that was first foul of the game. It's a week later though.

Tonight's game is biggest game of the year. With a win I think we would be near a lock at this point in season with a loss we will be a 8 seed to bubble type until we beat a quad 1 team. That's a massive difference based off 1 game.

Iowa State was whistled for that foul probably a half dozen times last night...

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Iowa State was whistled for that foul probably a half dozen times last night...
I disagree. I think typically when they call it that far out there's more hand contact. He had his hands straight up as Hummel said on the broadcast. He did make a little body contact but usually you show the hands and they allow it

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I disagree. I think typically when they call it that far out there's more hand contact. He had his hands straight up as Hummel said on the broadcast. He did make a little body contact but usually you show the hands and they allow it
Gabe had the same call against him last night that fouled him out of the game in OT. Great defensive position, zero hands, a little body. Foul.

Time and situation Iowa's was obviously worse, but that foul is called a million times.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
That was a big time shot right there.
Both teams were going back and forth hitting tough shots. It was an entertaining game. Anderson had a great game for the pokes but last few minutes of regulation and ot he became a bit of a ball stopper I think it hurt them

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I really think that would of been ticky-tac if that was first foul of the game. It's a week later though.

Tonight's game is biggest game of the year. With a win I think we would be near a lock at this point in season with a loss we will be a 8 seed to bubble type until we beat a quad 1 team. That's a massive difference based off 1 game.
It must be nice to be able to only have to beat one single good team to be a lock for the NCAA tournament lol. It's no different than a mid major.

And if Iowa only has 1 Q1 win they're likely not getting higher than an 8 seed.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Gabe had the same call against him last night that fouled him out of the game in OT. Great defensive position, zero hands, a little body. Foul.

Time and situation Iowa's was obviously worse, but that foul is called a million times.
First off that was incredibly weak call. It was closer to the hoop also though that was at about the elbow where they called that one vs past the 3 point line. Both were awful calls

Reactions: cytor

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Murray used his arm to leverage the defender, his arms were not straight up. Hummel missed that part. That's literally what the foul call was.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
One thing I always wondered about the phantom three in the Phog, should that actually be a technical on Kansas?

It’s sort of like the thing Woody and the gingers crew liked to do where they would bat away the ball after a made bucket so they could set up their press. One difference though is between free throws should be a dead clock. Of course Iowa usually just got warned and not a technical.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI

I don't think you understand what lock means. If Iowa lost even 7 more games I assure you it would be a sweaty selection sunday.

Iowa still has a couple of games that they drop in the net even if they win. Iowa Net is inflated by playing nobodies that are slightly better than other nobodies.

They probably need a 2nd quality wins to offset Rutgers already. Holding status quo at this point is even questionable.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I don't think you understand what lock means. If Iowa lost even 7 more games I assure you it would be a sweaty selection sunday.

Iowa still has a couple of games that they drop in the net even if they win. Iowa Net is inflated by playing nobodies that are slightly better than other nobodies.

They probably need a 2nd quality wins to offset Rutgers already. Holding status quo at this point is even questionable.
When I said at this point in the season I meant it quite litterally. I meant at 15-5 net ranking probably 17-18ish they'd be on every bracket tomorrow. Yes win tonight and lose a bunch down the stretch that all changes

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
It must be nice to be able to only have to beat one single good team to be a lock for the NCAA tournament lol. It's no different than a mid major.

And if Iowa only has 1 Q1 win they're likely not getting higher than an 8 seed.
It's nice when you win the games you should but losses kill you more if you slip.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's nice when you win the games you should but losses kill you more if you slip.
For sure. I don't think Iowa's a bad team by any means. I think they're decent. I also think they'd be last in the Big 12 and might only have one single conference win at this time.

• Dumb
Reactions: Shawker

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
For sure. I don't think Iowa's a bad team by any means. I think they're decent. I also think they'd be last in the Big 12 and might only have one single conference win at this time.
Depends on the schedule really as far as their W/L in big 12. I think they're at least equal to Oklahoma, TCU, West Virginia and Oklahoma State. I think home team would likely win. I think they're better than Kansas State