Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Depends on the schedule really as far as their W/L in big 12. I think they're at least equal to Oklahoma, TCU, West Virginia and Oklahoma State. I think home team would likely win. I think they're better than Kansas State

Offensively Iowa would look much different in the Big 12. Any team that has been physical with Iowa they absolutely fall apart. This league would eat them alive.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Offensively Iowa would look much different in the Big 12. Any team that has been physical with Iowa they absolutely fall apart. This league would eat them alive.
I think Iowa's starting to play the defense they should of all year but tonight's much bigger test to that. I was very disappointed in the defense early on because I felt we were much more athletic than past years but we were still playing similar style when we were much more offensively skilled. Big 12 is a tough league I don't disagree but I don't think we'd go 3-15

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think Iowa's starting to play the defense they should of all year but tonight's much bigger test to that. I was very disappointed in the defense early on because I felt we were much more athletic than past years but we were still playing similar style when we were much more offensively skilled. Big 12 is a tough league I don't disagree but I don't think we'd go 3-15

LMAO Iowa didn't just figure out how to play defense.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Depends on the schedule really as far as their W/L in big 12. I think they're at least equal to Oklahoma, TCU, West Virginia and Oklahoma State. I think home team would likely win. I think they're better than Kansas State
I think Iowa's equal to Kansas State. Kansas State is likely going to be a bubble team. The physicality of the Big 12 would punish Iowa. That Rutgers game is how every single game is played in the Big 12.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I think Iowa's equal to Kansas State. Kansas State is likely going to be a bubble team. The physicality of the Big 12 would punish Iowa. That Rutgers game is how every single game is played in the Big 12.
I disagree with how low you hold Iowa or how high you hold the teams I mentioned. I think SEC will win 40 percent of the games this week. If the Big 12 is as good as you say I'll expect you to disagree with that and not offer a preemptive excuse

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I disagree with how low you hold Iowa or how high you hold the teams I mentioned. I think SEC will win 40 percent of the games this week. If the Big 12 is as good as you say I'll expect you to disagree with that and not offer a preemptive excuse
Tell me why you believe Iowa is as good as you say they are? Who have they beat that makes you think that? You can't name a single one.

And what does the SEC challenge have to do with anything? The SEC is a quality conference this year. And looking at the SEC teams on that slate, Iowa is probably better than two of them, Missouri and Ole Miss.

Reactions: CycloneVet

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
That’s not saying much when your defense has set such a low bar so far. So even if it is marginally better, it’s not even worth the mention.
I agree but you want to raise the bar right? I'm not saying we're the 88 Pistons. We were a fat man and we lost a few lbs.

Tough break on the Djokovic.

Reactions: legi

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Tell me why you believe Iowa is as good as you say they are? Who have they beat that makes you think that? You can't name a single one.

And what does the SEC challenge have to do with anything? The SEC is a quality conference this year. And looking at the SEC teams on that slate, Iowa is probably better than two of them, Missouri and Ole Miss.
They've beaten Indiana who I believe is also as good or better as the other teams I mentioned.
I think SEC is good not great. I just thought you would think Big 12 is better

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Say what? I thought Fran was all about defense according to his videos.

1643299309385.png

• Haha
Reactions: GoHawks