*** Official #11 IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
You all know that was one of the best offensive fg% teams in the NCAAand Porter got Loyola deep in the ncaas because of that right? Sometimes good o at home happens. We are 13-2 with 5 quality wins this season. Let them learn and grow before you quit on them. This was a team picked for tenth in the league for a reason, only so many adjustments available. They deserve our support now more than ever. I’m not saying don’t analyze and criticize, but at the end of the day support these over-achievers.

They were up by 10 with 14 minutes left and lost by 13. They will get support, but that’s a collapse, no way around it. 2 games in a row with huge scoring droughts

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
they were down 10 with a+12 ft disparity. Their offense was dog*** for 30 minutes.

When you’re behind by 10 with +12 fts you aren’t lighting the world up.
Their offense looked bad when the bearded groves sat on the bench. Similar to ours when IB sits. They were hitting on all cylinders when he was in. We were hitting on all cylinders in the first half. Just ran out of gas

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
Looking at box scores we've been a pretty good second half team until these last two games. So who knows.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
No, Cortes was hitting cutters for buckets in the lane and they were getting good looks when shooting jumpers. Their shot selection, movement without the ball and passing was very good to close out the game.
We also doubled like usual, but it recoveries were very slow. Just not the usual good D at the end. It happens. And it leads to easy shots, which they made a lot of.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
I think they correctly called the flop technical. What I'm curious about, though, is why count the basket? The flop was before he made his move to shoot.

I'm curious how the rule works. Should the shot have been waved off instead of a 4 point momentum swinging possession?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We were talking about the last 10 mins. In which case their offense was very good and efficient, probably helped by fatigue on ISUs part.

you must have misread my post then. I said it looked beautiful the last ten.

While they were racking up the huge ft disparity it was ISU that was the beautiful offense. Just a **** game but it’s a part of college basketball more than any other widely followed sport.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Officials weren’t good but you have to admit Iowa State wasn’t forcing the issue. Settling for midrange shots won’t work if you don’t have guys that can make them consistently
The team hit a wall today but the question is do they hit the wall if they are up by 20 or does that cause OU to throw in the towel.

I expected to lose today. I was super thrilled with how we were playing early but I’m not going to freak out that we didn’t beat a marginal top 25 team on the road. A team that almost beat Baylor on the road earlier this week. Some of you need some sort of medication to control your emotions.

Reactions: Wally86

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Their offense looked bad when the bearded groves sat on the bench. Similar to ours when IB sits. They were hitting on all cylinders when he was in. We were hitting on all cylinders in the first half. Just ran out of gas
Their backups erased our lead and put them in position to win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Certainly hope there isn't a meltdown. Don't think out kick is quite accurate. They earned those wins.

Feel like we need to have a little better feel on controlling flow when we can't get a bucket.

Love IZB, but don't live pull up 18 ft jumpers as our designed play out of a timeout when we need a bucket.

They need to rest and regroup. Still very proud of this squad. First half was phenomenal.

The absolutely earned the wins. They outplayed the opponents with an early established identity. The question was will it last because the limitations talent wise were pretty evident. We're about to see how that goes.

Bolded: I've been asking what ISU can do when they just need a bucket and since a contested jumper is going to be tough to rely on, they need to figure out who they can post up or whatever to create a high % shot.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Only take i have from this is that losing on the road in the Big 12 is ok. We're going to do it a lot. So will everyone else.

What im not ok with is choking games away. Get your **** together and use this as a wake up call. Otherwise youll be staring at 1-5 in conference soon enough

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Not sure why people think this. Our best looks came off this most of the night. George was making great passes out of this action tonight.

They seemed to adjust to it at half and then we need to do something else besides jack tough shots

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
No, Cortes was hitting cutters for buckets in the lane and they were getting good looks when shooting jumpers. Their shot selection, movement without the ball and passing was very good to close out the game.
That cortez kid got away with like 4-5 passes that were actually terribly dumb passes that ISU turns into TO in 9 of 10 games. They just happened to hit today when the ISU D was just off tonight

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

it was the best half of offense I’ve ever seen from any team that got zero fts in the half and first 39 minutes of a game.

Usually a 0, 1, or 2 ft half means your offense sucked and lacked any energy.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They were up by 10 with 14 minutes left and lost by 13. They will get support, but that’s a collapse, no way around it. 2 games in a row with huge scoring droughts
**** happens in college basketball. Things snowball and momentum is wild in CBB. It’s why it’s awesome. Time to flush it and get ready to play loose in AFH.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just think about the last 5 mins of that game…. how many horrible 18 foot guarded jumpers we were throwing up there versus all the layups OU was getting off great hard cuts to the basket….. it was insane.

Cortes was carving us up like crazy…. dude can ball.

I will say though…. it’s just ridiculous how hard it is to win on the road in the Big 12 nowadays. It really isn’t fair. All home teams won today except TCU against Baylor, but they nearly pulled it off.

Playing on the road is supposed to be more difficult because of having to travel, sleep in a strange bed, and deal with opposing fans, etc….. that’s normal…. but you shouldn’t also have to battle slanted officiating too…. that’s not right. If officials are being persuaded by home crowds to make calls in their favor, they need to find a different line of work.