Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Have had three ankle surgeries, plate and 20 screws. Ankle is fused. Can walk without a limp which is really awesome! Had to fill the void of lack of bone with a form of bondo. Plate and screws were taken out in my last surgery.
The implant used in the surgery I had is a fairly new one, about 10 years or so. The first one implanted here in Ames was last February. I'm somewhere around #9 or #10, and my doc had two more planned for last week. I kind of screwed up his schedule with all of the delays in my procedure.

Ok, this must be something I missed. What happened?

Basically, due to arthritic deterioration in my ankle combined with a total trashing of my ankle back in high school, I had a total replacement done.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
The implant used in the surgery I had is a fairly new one, about 10 years or so. The first one implanted here in Ames was last February. I'm somewhere around #9 or #10, and my doc had two more planned for last week. I kind of screwed up his schedule with all of the delays in my procedure.

Basically, due to arthritic deterioration in my ankle combined with a total trashing of my ankle back in high school, I had a total replacement done.

Oh boy, here's to a quick recovery back to "normal." Don't wuss out on the PT.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Once in a while I get what feels like an electrical shock in my foot or a feeling someone stabbing the bottom of heel repeated. Damn nerve damage.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Once in a while I get what feels like an electrical shock in my foot or a feeling someone stabbing the bottom of heel repeated. Damn nerve damage.
Sorry - nap break.
I got that increasingly from the left foot that required surgery in Dec 2015. Finally asked about it which led to discovering that the nerve on top of the foot had become compartmented. Shot of steroids and it was reduced to nothing again. You might want to ask if it becomes more frequent.

As for this one, oddly enough the ankle doesn't hurt. Part of the surgery involved lengthening the muscle on the inside of my calf. Due to the long-term compensation when I was walking, my ankle was flexing less and less, so over time that muscle shortened up. In order to get full range of motion back with the implant, he had to stretch that muscle out again by messing with the fascia. He explained it, but I don't really remember the exact steps. anyhoo, that means I have a four inch vertical incision on the inside of my calf, and THAT is what is hurting more than anything else. Crazy, huh?

• Wow
Reactions: cycloner29

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Disney+ kid TV world here. Have watched Frozen II, Up, and Encanto. The last with a five year old on my lap. Back to hermit world tomorrow.

I don't even think I've sworn since Tuesday! :oops:

If any of you have Disney+, seek out the multi-episodic doc about the making of Frozen II. Each episode covers about a month of real time. It covers a WHOLE lot of what goes in to making an animated movie, and the ups and downs of it. Highly recommend.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Remember how I was sad daycare and new job were the same day? Careful what you wish for. 730am call that toddler had a covid exposure LAST THURSDAY and he's out all week. Baby could still go (??????!!) But keeping him too. Dh was off today so it was survivable. Calling in reinforcements for the next 3 days.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Remember how I was sad daycare and new job were the same day? Careful what you wish for. 730am call that toddler had a covid exposure LAST THURSDAY and he's out all week. Baby could still go (??????!!) But keeping him too. Dh was off today so it was survivable. Calling in reinforcements for the next 3 days.

I think it's really sweeping through here even if in mild form.

Several co-workers home with symptoms and positive and just a bit after talking to one for a short time found the news that they were sympto/+ too.

Also a friend of mine as well which I'm a bit worried about as they've had some health issues.

Many of the coworkers travelled so I'm glad I cancelled flights to see elderly parents.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Apparently Madison school district said yesterday that they were going to postpone coming back and then would be doing virtual learning for a while after that. I just felt so bad for parents because they are getting no advance notice

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Apparently Madison school district said yesterday that they were going to postpone coming back and then would be doing virtual learning for a while after that. I just felt so bad for parents because they are getting no advance notice

MMSD announced last week (but still short notice).

Milwaukee was even worse--just announced last night then Beloit this morning due to low bus drivers.

MMSD should have had a plan back in May for when logistics became an issue i.e. advertise for subs, etc.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Okay, question for all y'all...

The past three months at work have been tedious to say the least. Not just because it's the busy season...I don't think it's that. I can't pinpoint what exactly is the root of my discontent/anxiousness, but part of it is my pay. I was hired at one particular amount, then had a LOT more responsibility put upon me, got a meager raise at the one year mark.

Anyway, fast forward to last week. There's a position open at a different location, different than what I do now but using similar skills. As per usual norms for this company, I did let my direct boss know about applying, just a really quick "Hey, wanted to let you know, I'm applying for a position at [location]," and I have an interview set up for tomorrow.

We now jump to today. Second in command of my location comes into my office, says I've been doing a really good job, we appreciate you, etc., here's an 8.5% raise. Interesting, I think...I'll take it...but I'm still interviewing tomorrow.

We jump forward again. I'm asked to go to different location to help with end of month duties because they're really struggling getting someone that can do it properly. Head guy at this location is like the supervisor over both his and my location. So, he asks me if my manager had spoken to me about my wage changes. That threw me off my feet a bit, and then he said something like "Are you looking to stay?" I feel like I stammered and started going into something about how the hours are getting cumbersome, etc. (Which they are) We didn't get a chance to finish the conversation because someone came in about something, and the supe said "We'll talk about this later..." (we didn't)

ANYWAY! (Good lord this is long) They drop this raise on me, day before my interview, I'm not quite sure what this new position would pay. Might be awfully close to what I was just given today. I don't even know what advice I'm looking for...how do you pinpoint what makes you unhappy in a job? (I mostly like the job, and most of the people I work with)

Sorry for long rambly post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron