Bowl Projection USA Today

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Who's better? Michigan? Cinci? They will have a chance to prove it.
While I get what you are saying, an unbiased approach wouldn't position one conference to have the two teams in the final. It just shouldn't be on the table. The only way I will accept it is if the final ranking are Mich, Ala, Cincy, UGA. At least that appears less biased.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
While I get what you are saying, an unbiased approach wouldn't position one conference to have the two teams in the final. It just shouldn't be on the table. The only way I will accept it is if the final ranking are Mich, Ala, Cincy, UGA. At least that appears less biased.

We will agree to disagree. I don't have a problems with two teams from one large divided conference being in the final four.

I mean in a hypothetical if it was OkSU and BU, where OkSt went undefeated in the regular season and BU only lost to Okst in the regular season. And then BU beats OkSt in the Conference Championship I would expect them to both be in the playoffs too (if there were no other 1 loss teams like this year).

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If Bama and UGA are the 2 best teams I sure as hell want to watch an all SEC final.

That argument would have more punch if both those teams hadn't just played yesterday. Bama is better, and conference championship games do matter. Let's see how somebody else can do.

Reactions: GoldCy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That argument would have more punch if both those teams hadn't just played yesterday. Bama is better, and conference championship games do matter. Let's see how somebody else can do.

We are going to see how michigan and cinci do. I'll bet that it ends up UGA and Bama coming out of that.

Who else do you feel should be in the playoffs? ND? OhState?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, who should we be listening to in order to get an early leak about our bowl game?

Reactions: aauummm

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If Bama and UGA are the 2 best teams I sure as hell want to watch an all SEC final.
But how does anyone know that? Georgia was undefeated and coming into that game their SOS was 51st. Cincy’s was 66th. They played a good team and got rolled. A team that was just fortunate to beat a mediocre Auburn team.

The last time there was so much eyeball test consensus was in the BCS days when OSU had just beat Michigan in an epic game. Everybody seemed convinced they were the two best teams. Thanks to Jim Walden’s vote Florida got in the title game. They then showed that OSU did not belong on the same field.

They might be the two best teams. I would agree with UM, Cincy, Bama and UGA. But I don’t think anyone can say they know that UGA and Bama are the two best teams.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
But how does anyone know that? Georgia was undefeated and coming into that game their SOS was 51st. Cincy’s was 66th. They played a good team and got rolled. A team that was just fortunate to beat a mediocre Auburn team.

The last time there was so much eyeball test consensus was in the BCS days when OSU had just beat Michigan in an epic game. Everybody seemed convinced they were the two best teams. Thanks to Jim Walden’s vote Florida got in the title game. They then showed that OSU did not belong on the same field.

They might be the two best teams. I would agree with UM, Cincy, Bama and UGA. But I don’t think anyone can say they know that UGA and Bama are the two best teams.

I think the playoff of Bama, UGA, Mich and Cinci will prove who are the two best teams.

My question for anyone who is not happy about both Bama and UGA in the playoff is who should be in that isn't?

My opinion is that those 4 separated themselves and no one is close to them. Okie State might have had an argument but they pissed the bed.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We are going to see how michigan and cinci do. I'll bet that it ends up UGA and Bama coming out of that.

Who else do you feel should be in the playoffs? ND? OhState?

It doesn't matter which other team, specifically. My position is that it's a big college football world and there are only four teams getting the shot. If you have two of the top four playing the day before the CFP gets announced that result matters as much as any CFP semifinal game and yesterday's result was decisive.

Georgia ain't it. Try somebody else. Or, if the belief is there is nobody else, give them the makeup game to guarantee a final other than the one we just saw yesterday.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I think the playoff of Bama, UGA, Mich and Cinci will prove who are the two best teams.

My question for anyone who is not happy about both Bama and UGA in the playoff is who should be in that isn't?

My opinion is that those 4 separated themselves and no one is close to them. Okie State might have had an argument but they pissed the bed.
Nobody is calling for anyone else to be in the final 4. We are saying they shouldn't have bias to fix the final standing so Bama and UGA won't have to play back to back. Who give a F if they play back to back? I certainly don't and they should.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I think, should they get two teams in the CFP, conference teams should almost always play in the semifinals. NOBODY wants to watch an all SEC final game.
I agree somewhat - there will be plenty of folks tuning in to watch. While you want the best two teams having them from the same conference and a replay of a prior game there will be a lot of people who tune out - me included. After all this is just entertainment and if more and more people people tune out they have to address it and playoff expansion will.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

How did those SEC teams separate themselves? They literally play no one in non-con and prop themselves up with overinflated rankings the rest of the year. The best non-con win in the SEC was Mississippi St vs NC State. Georgia couldn’t even score an offensive TD against a not great Clemson team.

The SEC gets way more credit than it deserves for being good. Play 9 conference games and stop scheduling cupcakes at the end of the season.

They won’t because they figured out the system, but it’s an absolute joke to have 2 SEC teams playing in the CFP. It should be a prerequisite that you have to win your conference to have a chance. At large bids should be gone. Notre Dame included IDGAF. Join a conference.

\Rant

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
How did those SEC teams separate themselves? They literally play no one in non-con and prop themselves up with overinflated rankings the rest of the year. The best non-con win in the SEC was Mississippi St vs NC State. Georgia couldn’t even score an offensive TD against a not great Clemson team.

The SEC gets way more credit than it deserves for being good. Play 9 conference games and stop scheduling cupcakes at the end of the season.

They won’t because they figured out the system, but it’s an absolute joke to have 2 SEC teams playing in the CFP. It should be a prerequisite that you have to win your conference to have a chance. At large bids should be gone. Notre Dame included IDGAF. Join a conference.

\Rant

Are you watching the playoff selection show? They put Bama and Michigan's resumes up on the screen and it isn't even close - Bama's is way better.

Who is being left out that you feel should be in?

Everyone wants to cry that "2 SEC Teams are in" but no one wants to say who should be in that isn't.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

\Rant

If Alabams, Georgia, Texas A&M, or even Auburn and Ole Miss played say Baylor right now 100 times....they would win 90 times. Alabama may not lose again until Sabine retires. It is what it is.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Are you watching the playoff selection show? They put Bama and Michigan's resumes up on the screen and it isn't even close - Bama's is way better.

Who is being left out that you feel should be in?
Agree, maybe it was Oregon sucking or maybe Utah is really good but I would love to see Utah play Bama or any of the playoff teams. I hope playoff expansion gives us these type of games.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

\Rant
Would love to see Cincy vs Michigan in the final.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ummmm we're about to find out. I would argue splitting up Bama and Georgia is EXACTLY what should be done. With a rematch you are guaranteeing one of them in the title game. Maybe Cincy and Michigan are actually the two best teams? Well if they played in the Semis we would never know that would we. Both Michigan and Cincy have a chance to prove it, and if Bama and Georgia both win then guess what, I think it's pretty clear they are the two best.

Reactions: Die4Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron