How much more can you take?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm frustrated...and not just with this A&M game.

2005 football - The season that could have been. And we still almost salvaged it with a North title. Nope...pissed that away. A HUGE disappointing 7-5 season.

2005-2006 Basketball - High expectations coming off a NCAA tournament bid. What do we do? We tank it...not even an NIT bid. All that talent wasted.

2006 Football - More expectations. Even worse result. The games were down right terrible to watch. I'm not even sure how we got 4 wins.

2006-2007 Basketball - A rebuilding year but hope with a new coach. I really enjoyed watching these guys earlier. Now it just seems like I'm going through the motions...Maybe a couple games in Hilton will turn me around.

God this is hard. I want something to be excited about.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
For both football and basketball this year, I just wanted to see improvement. I got excited with the first few games of the big 12... well that has sure worn off fast.

I am not getting my hopes set too high for football.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Everytime I get frustrated w/ ISU sports in its current stages, I think ahead 3 yrs. what will it be like? IT HAS TO BE BETTER, much better!!! I really do believe we have some of the most up-and-coming coaches w/ Chizik, McDermott, and Sanderson. Give them time to get their guys in place, and we will definitely have something to be excited about.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Think about hockey and wrestling for a couple of years. We are a young team and we will be better by 2012. Think Baylor from the past. Look how well we did below.

ISU TEAM REBS: 40
TURNOVERS: 21 (J Gray 2, R Clark 1, C Ceaser 1, J Hubalek 1, D Dunson 1, W Johnson 3, C McIntosh 4, M Taylor 8)
BLOCKED SHOTS: 0 ()
STEALS: 4 (R Clark 1, M Taylor 3)
3-PT FGS: 5-21, .238 (J Gray 1-3, M Currie 0-1, B Jacobson 0-1, D Dunson 0-3, W Johnson 3-7, C McIntosh 0-1, M Taylor 1-5)

A&M TEAM REBS: 37
TURNOVERS: 10 (A Law 2, M Pompey 1, J Jones 2, A Kavaliauskas 3, D Roland 1, B Davis 1)
BLOCKED SHOTS: 5 (D Kirk 1, J Jones 1, J Carter 1, C Elonu 1, B Davis 1)
STEALS: 10 (J Jones 5, A Kavaliauskas 3, D Sloan 2)
3-PT FGS: 7-13, .538 (A Law 1-2, D Kirk 1-1, J Jones 0-2, J Johnston 1-1, J Carter 3-4, A Kavaliauskas 1-2, D Sloan 0-1)

CyBandCG

Dec 11, 2006
Ames, IA
I am not frustrated with the b-ball team. They are young and have flashes of greatness. Especially earlier in the year. I hope down the stretch they can compete more. I also hope that all this losing is not frustrating them too much. It is always hard to lose but they gotta step it up and show they can be somebody next year. I am just looking for improvement in the last month before the Big 12 tourney.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
Everytime I get frustrated w/ ISU sports in its current stages, I think ahead 3 yrs. what will it be like? IT HAS TO BE BETTER, much better!!! I really do believe we have some of the most up-and-coming coaches w/ Chizik, McDermott, and Sanderson. Give them time to get their guys in place, and we will definitely have something to be excited about.

You must have ESP.....I was going to say the same thing.

I have been an ISU for a long time now and I have never seen ISU athletics in better shape for a successful future. It all started when Jamie Pollard came on board. Although we have all been kicked in the cherries more than once rooting for the Cyclones, IT SURE BEATS BEING A HAWKEYE!

Hang on man the storm is coming!!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I do not know what is more frustrating - players playing football last year or bball the last two years. We have had major conference meltdowns.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Take heart people! Iowa State is going through a huge transitional period, and part of that transition, unfortunately, means that we will see a year or two of rough times as these programs are rebuilt into the powerhouses that Jamie Pollard expects them to be. The future is very bright, but it won't happen in one day, one week or one season.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We as ISU fans are really starting to sound like Cub fans. I do feel there is a good future ahead though, especially in football. I think with a lot more discipline, better X's and O's and better training the ISU football team is going to be competetive with the big dogs and may EVEN get an upset!

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Haha, guess nobody remembers the 1-10 football seasons when our only win would come against Southwest Rhode Island state or some joke school like that. Ames, Iowa is a tough sell. It's cold as hell and there is nothing to do. It seems like all the people I run across don't know what city Iowa State is in. All the other big schools in the upper midwest have more to offer than Iowa State right now.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
We as ISU fans are really starting to sound like Cub fans. I do feel there is a good future ahead though, especially in football. I think with a lot more discipline, better X's and O's and better training the ISU football team is going to be competetive with the big dogs and may EVEN get an upset!

That is exactly right. How do I know? Because I am doomed as a Cubs fan as well. Rough life, why couldn't I have been born in state with good sports.....and maybe even a pro team. :rofl8yi: I am just kidding of course, as much as this sucks I would not have it any other way.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
arganbright2, your post kind of ticks me off. I get so tired of hearing people, generally younger people saying "there is nothing to do" in Ames.

My advice: Get off your butt and take a look around. There are tons of incredibly interesting things for everyone to do except the immature jerks who demand to be entertained 24/7.

My years in Ames were so full of "things to do" that my only regret is not having the time to do more of them. I think if you looked around just a little bit, you'd find something very interesting to do.

Bored people tend to be Boring people.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
arganbright2, your post kind of ticks me off. I get so tired of hearing people, generally younger people saying "there is nothing to do" in Ames.

My advice: Get off your butt and take a look around. There are tons of incredibly interesting things for everyone to do except the immature jerks who demand to be entertained 24/7.

My years in Ames were so full of "things to do" that my only regret is not having the time to do more of them. I think if you looked around just a little bit, you'd find something very interesting to do.

That seems a little over the top. :baffled5wh:

pulse

Mar 24, 2006

Herbiedoobie I have been saying that for years! People who are bored tend to be boring people! You are so right! People who **tch about Ames usually come from a small town where there is nothing to do, and they're expecting NYC. Even if that isn't the case, I don't care where you are, if you can't find anything to do, it isn't where you are, its you.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Name three things that Ames has that another major college town in the midwest doesn't have. Seriously, go to the University of Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State and see if there is a tad more to do. Of the major college towns in the midwest, Iowa State is towards the bottom. Sorry to trip your trigger cowboy, but the truth hurts.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Most college towns are the same anyway. You drink, go out to eat, maybe a movie and drink again. With the exception of a few, you can do the same things in all of them. Only problem I have with Ames is that it's cold in the winter, otherwise its just fine.

Help Support Us

Become a patron