Coordinators - for Rhoads......

AustinCyclone

Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Send the plane right back down to Auburn and lock up Willis asap. If we can get Rhoads and Willis as a package deal we will have hit the jackpot on the recruiting trail.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Slight change of subject but I hope he brings back Getty for the S&C position!

OK, count me out for Getty. Our guys seemed to get slower the longer they were in the program. I'd rather keep Sheppard.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
OK, count me out for Getty. Our guys seemed to get slower the longer they were in the program. I'd rather keep Sheppard.

I agree with that... Getty was so proud of Ennis for putting on 20 pounds in one offseason but that same year he lost about a step and a half of speed and wasn't the same back... He then had to lose some weight for the Cowboys...

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I think the coordinator choices of Rhoads will be huge. I'm especially interested in the OC choice since Rhoads is a defensive guy. I would like to see a creative mind in this position, since a creative offense can make up for some shortcomings in raw physical talent.

I'm intrigued by the thought of Franklin as OC. The spread seems to be the way to go.

Reactions: uro cy

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Loney isn't coming back, let it go. And as far as DMC as DC, I think the DMC people got what they wanted. I think that's enough.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
And as far as DMC as DC, I think the DMC people got what they wanted. I think that's enough.

Why would you ever going back to a place where you used work, for a lower paying, less prestigious job?

DMac did a lot of good here, and thanks for the bowls and memories....but its over

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Tony Franklin went to Kentucky under Hal Mumme, who was at Iowa Wesleyan from 89-91. There's your local connection! Of course, IRRC, Mike Leach was running the offense at IW...

ISUchains1Fan

May 30, 2008
McCallsburg, IA
Maybe he will bring back Mac to be the D-coordinator.... (hides for reaction)

I think that's a great idea he is a great DC/ D-line. OC should be Todd Fitch from ECU he also has ISU ties and is a great recuiter and he is also a QB coach. O-line and assistant head coach should be Robert McFarland he has proved to me he wants to make things great at ISU. Running Back coach Junior Smith from ECU also has ISU ties one hell of a teacher of running back, Chris Johnson ring a bell, he would have a ball here with A-Rob and Bo Williams. Linebacker coach James Willis. wide reciever and db coaches I have no clue on. I do have to say we need to find a spot for Wayne Bolt though. Him and McFarland deserve that if it wasn't for them these recuits and players would be gone, so they need to stick around for awhile.

Last edited:

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
What is wrong with Rhoads being our Def. Cordinator along with being the Head Coach? It can be done ! (EX. Pete Carroll, Mike Leach)

rburgess

Feb 8, 2007
I think it is important that we bring in an OC that runs an exciting offense. We have been very conventional in the past and I believe that is a huge mistake. In order to get big time offensive players to come here, especially from the warmth of the south, I think the system can serve as a huge tool in recruiting. A great example of this is Mizzou (those ******s).

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I agree with that... Getty was so proud of Ennis for putting on 20 pounds in one offseason but that same year he lost about a step and a half of speed and wasn't the same back... He then had to lose some weight for the Cowboys...

Agree. That was probably about the time of Getty's failed "breakfast club" approach to guys gaining weight. It put on weight, but didn't lead to any improved performance especially for the linemen. It is equally disappointing that the guys in the program were not disciplined enough to follow proper eating guidelines to begin with.

Help Support Us

Become a patron