On That Note: I Want(ed) My MTV

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Welcome back to “On That Note,” CF’s weekly landing spot for music exploration, hosted by @MeanDean, @CycloneRulzzz and cyclones500.

Aug. 1 marks the 40th anniversary of MTV’s launch. For this segment, the obvious focus is, what are your favorite music videos?

Basic guidelines:
  • It isn’t limited to “MTV era” or videos initially released on that network — can be any network or streaming platform, or videos prior to ’81, as long as it’s produced in “music-video form.” (That is, televised live performances aren’t part of the mix).
  • We expect to get most of the “classic” favorites, but also want to see videos you consider to be overlooked or underrated, or maybe you think an artist’s video outshines its best-known work.
  • Although not required, we PREFER only one video per post, to help focus reaction and discussion for specific clips. Exception: If a set of videos are connected in a relevant way, such as thematically or stylistically, or you want to post a couple of videos by the same artist. Try to limit to no more than 3 in the "exception" umbrella.
  • Optional: Share stories about early memories of watching music videos; or why a video appeals to you.
Last week’s OTN: Olympic Dreams

Reactions: MeanDean

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Likely nostalgia sake but this was around when I first got satellite TV in '96 and this was one of the videos that was on MTV 23 times a day.

There's others I'll think of.

Reactions: Entropy and Cydar

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron