Iowa Football Recruiting

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wouldn’t be shocked if he is ready, but obviously it is very rational to feel he won’t. I think he starts week one right now, but of course he is injury prone so I could be very wrong.

Let's just say... I think this Sullivan kid came to Iowa to play... not sit.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I think he is being told that he can compete for the job as he should. Doubt anything is set in stone at this point.
I was worried they weren’t messaging this correctly. I would assume he came here to compete with Cade regardless of his health.

They got the qb that I was hoping for once DH left. Wish they would have started shopping in December though.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Why would a kid that has played quite a bit at Northwestern transfer to the worst offense in the country to be a backup?

Something isn’t right with this. Wonder if he was told that Cade might not be healthy enough to play until mid season at best or something? Otherwise, why ride the pine at Iowa?

Even if you do get to play at Iowa, it’s an awful offense where you’ll just be handing it off most of the time. I bet Iowa WAY overpaid for this kid. It was getting REALLY late and they had to land someone.
Nowhere to go but up with a new OC!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I was worried they weren’t messaging this correctly. I would assume he came here to compete with Cade regardless of his health.

They got the qb that I was hoping for once DH left. Wish they would have started shopping in December though.
If wanna discuss this with @iahawks, take it to an hawk site.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Weren't they over the scholarship amount by like 3 before this QB & WR? And no other portal entries, so they either have to cut 5 guys or have them walk on with a "scholarship" from the swarm (which is apparently broke)? Least that was the likely scenario one of the KXNO shows mentioned last week.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Weren't they over the scholarship amount by like 3 before this QB & WR? And no other portal entries, so they either have to cut 5 guys or have them walk on with a "scholarship" from the swarm (which is apparently broke)? Least that was the likely scenario one of the KXNO shows mentioned last week.
I assume he is walking on with those career stats.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I assume he is walking on with those career stats.
I doubt that. Even though this isn’t very impressive, Iowa needs bodies in the WR room and they probably aren’t very many WRs’ first pick. I like this pickup as he has some potential and is the kind of guy Iowa needs at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: CyCity

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I doubt that. Even though this isn’t very impressive, Iowa needs bodies in the WR room and they probably aren’t very many WRs’ first pick. I like this pickup as he has some potential and is the kind of guy Iowa needs at the moment.

Are you saying Iowa spent NIL money on this guy? Yikes.