Status
Not open for further replies.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Re: This is unbelievable....

Apparently Chizik only talked 90 seconds to the players this afternoon. A MINUTE AND A HALF...people that is effing pathetic.

He also said he will always be a Cyclone. Wonder how that felt lying through his teeth saying those words.

I hate him.

Chizik actually had to run away after 90 seconds before the defense made their first tackle of the season

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
First there's got to be a committee. Every coaching search Pollard has done so far has been with a committee consisting of himself.

I hope he has realized that his committee of one hasn't worked out too well, but I have my doubts.

JP did very well last time IMO, if you want it done fast, and I do, then no committee.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
He also didnt do many radio interview or would agree to do them not do them, he just wouldnt make the call.

What did the coaches say? Were they all pissed too?

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Is this serious or not? I think USC is dirty like most other big schools, but I don't seem to remember USC players being in as much trouble as Penn State ones.

Well I am serious. I'm not saying its worse than other schools. Just saying I don't want the problems.

I don't know the whole history offhand, but as recent as this year
they had a player arrested for felony charges, yet was still allowed to play the following game.

Bascially Carroll doesn't discipline the players, therefore you don't hear about it. At the same time the media has mancrushes on the program.

Not to mention other scandals like paying Bush to play there.

All of the above stuff flies at a place like USC, but not much of it would fly at ISU.

I'm sure Carroll is a good coach, but I don't want to have a program like theirs..

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
True, maybe it's more like dating the hot popular girl at school then she dumps you to move on to the next flavor of the month? While you are with her she makes you feel like you are on top of the world and nothing can knock you down from there then after she dumps you, you realize you were still the same loser all along?

Like this guy?
Cant-Buy-Me-Love_l.jpg

clone4410

Apr 13, 2006
Hoke is out... San Diego State: Ball State head coach Brady Hoke has accepted the head coaching job at San Diego State

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
JP did very well last time IMO, if you want it done fast, and I do, then no committee.

Last time he hired a guy who was here for two years, took a program that was at least mediocre and turned it into awful, left us at the worst possible time as far as recruiting and hiring a new coach goes, and is leaving with the lowest winning percentage of any coach in ISU history.

I don't call that doing "very well".

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Last time he hired a guy who was here for two years, took a program that was at least mediocre and turned it into awful, left us at the worst possible time as far as recruiting and hiring a new coach goes, and is leaving with the lowest winning percentage of any coach in ISU history.

I don't call that doing "very well".

So who do you want ISU to hire?

I seem to remember that Cyclone nation was very happy with Chizik two years ago. This time around would you rather have JP make a Jay Jacobs' kind of hire?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Well I am serious. I'm not saying its worse than other schools. Just saying I don't want the problems.

they had a player arrested for felony charges, yet was still allowed to play the following game.

Bascially Carroll doesn't discipline the players, therefore you don't hear about it. At the same time the media has mancrushes on the program.

All of the above stuff flies at a place like USC, but not much of it would fly at ISU.

I'm sure Carroll is a good coach, but I don't want to have a program like theirs..

I agree on not wanting problems. I lived in Orange County when PC was hired. The local press does run interference for USC, they want access, and for all purposes it is the pro team in the area.

I have no idea how Bush still has a Heisman. No idea.

I don't know how much PC is involved in stuff, or how dirty you really have to be at USC. So many beautiful women it is just silly. The alumni network is top-notch too. Trojans take care of each other, trust me. My old boss was a USC grad. Luckily he was in the same fraternity that I was, so I got a taken care of too, which was nice!

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
True, maybe it's more like dating the hot popular girl at school then she dumps you to move on to the next flavor of the month? While you are with her she makes you feel like you are on top of the world and nothing can knock you down from there then after she dumps you, you realize you were still the same loser all along?

I made a very similar analogy when talking about it with my wife last night.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

ironically, 60 minutes is doing a segment on Carroll and his style.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

If you are saying it's not any worse than any other program, then you're just using it to bolster a weak argument. So a players' coach has a few discipline problems that are not any worse than what any other team has. I don't see how that supports your argument.

Disciplinarian coaches also have behavioral problems. EVERY college team has a few behavioral problems, some more some less, but it all pretty much evens out in the end. We could be laughing at someone else's off-field issues one day and then be facing them ourselves. It goes in cycles

clonedog

Dec 12, 2008
I would prefer that someone other than Pollard is the A.D. making the hire. We are having more A.D. problems at ISU than coaches or players. Look back at the disasters of the last 10 to 20 years and you will see "it is the A.D.s stupid". I assume I don't have to mention ISU baseball...

Status
Not open for further replies.