OU A.D. mad about 11am Kickoff vs. Nebraska

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
It sounds like they get that timeslot a lot. So I can get the frustration. Also, some Oklahoma fans were saying that it can be difficult to get recruits there for those games because they often have football on Friday night. Which makes some sense too

Oklahoma is a hotbed of HS football. They can drive from the area to the morning games. Iowa State recruits can't do that, so I don't feel sorry for OU at all. They. An pound sand.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
Should have known a fan of a program with such a rich football tradition dating all the way back to January of 2021 wouldn't understand.

Festivities have been in planning for 3 years, hell 10 years starting with the scheduling.
If events were planned before the game, I would assume they could just be moved to the afternoon or evening following the game? There is still the same amount of time in the day...

Boomer

Jun 7, 2010
Oklahoma is a hotbed of HS football. They can drive from the area to the morning games. Iowa State recruits can't do that, so I don't feel sorry for OU at all. They. An pound sand.
You don't know OU recruiting from a hole in the ground.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This series was restarted as part of David Boren's stick-it-to-the-Big-12/kiss-Big-Ten-arse mode of years ago. I'm sure the Big Ten could have gotten a better slot for this game if they had really wanted to. Perhaps we now know what the Big Ten really thinks of OU.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Should have known a fan of a program with such a rich football tradition dating all the way back to January of 2021 wouldn't understand.

Festivities have been in planning for 3 years, hell 10 years starting with the scheduling.
Listen up, bucko. I have no idea what prompted you to come in here to an ISU forum and think you were going to get sympathy. I’m sorry your game couldn’t be moved. I really don’t give two flying ***** what time you beat the hell out of Nebby. Most of us want you to piss pound them thoroughly. What your entitled little pretentious ass is missing is that you have lived so long on your cloud of victory that you think you just deserve things to be the way you want them. Welcome to the real world. You have earned respect, and maybe even some of the perks. You have a great football program with great tradition. I don’t discount or discredit that one bit. But with that you’re give COUNTLESS benefits in this rich get richer system that has helped you carry that success season after season (like have you ever had to play us when it’s freezing cold up here, nope). So don’t come in here whining to us about how your little game time wasn’t when you wanted it. You will not and should not get an ounce of sympathy. There’s plenty of ways to celebrate the people coming to the game. You’ve got MONTHS to get things lined up. And your grip about recruiting is really asinine, there’s nothing about that that will meaningfully impact your roster of countless 4 and 5 star recruits.

As far as you throwing out our tradition, we around here know god damn well how awful we have been for decades and a lot of us have sat and watched us get obliterated Saturday after Saturday. But there’s growth that has happened and you appreciate all the things that have to take place and time it take to get to the up around top where you guys regularly are. Maybe you forget that in the midst of complaining about little things like kick off time. But your head is apparently to far up your backside to realize how ridiculous you sound.

Blow it out your ass.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Really bad look for OU, IMO. Comes off as whiny, entitled snobs. You want a better time slot, then play someone competitive! 99.5% of the country couldn't care less about "commemorating" a game from 50 years ago and they don't want to watch a CFP contender manhandle some guys from a school that used to play good football a long time ago before most of their players were even born. This just looks bad for both schools now, after NU tried to sneak out of even having to play.
most of their players? How old are some of their players since the game is commemorating the game from 50 years ago . . . .
Nevermind. I reread and get that you are saying KNu hasn't played good football during the lifetime of the current players.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This series was restarted as part of David Boren's stick-it-to-the-Big-12/kiss-Big-Ten-arse mode of years ago. I'm sure the Big Ten could have gotten a better slot for this game if they had really wanted to. Perhaps we now know what the Big Ten really thinks of OU.
Isn't OU the Big 12's meal ticket? Pretty sure Pollard cashes the checks that OU earns for us...

• Dumb
Reactions: jcisuclones

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The network cuts your program a check largely based on success of the Oklahoma program.

Oklahoma asked for a concession as we have the bulk of the game of the century surviving members coming in for festivities, can't even get a solid?

OU has has forty something pre-noon games since realigment, the most of the leagues "upper tier". It's not equitable, impacts recruiting and city commerce

To throw a 'your program' at me of all people. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

Reads as:

I know more about football because the team I cheer for has accomplished more. I have put in no work or even effort myself to achieve these goals, but I will ride that stolen valor on the internet with pride because I don't understand the concept of shame.

******* nerd.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
The network cuts your program a check largely based on success of the Oklahoma program.

Oklahoma asked for a concession as we have the bulk of the game of the century surviving members coming in for festivities, can't even get a solid?

OU has has forty something pre-noon games since realigment, the most of the leagues "upper tier". It's not equitable, impacts recruiting and city commerce
So maybe the rest of the country doesn't think as highly of OU as you do.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I can understand wanting a night game, but 11am is great IMO from a fans standpoint. Get up early and tailgate 4-5 hours and then tailgate 2-3 hours post game.

Isn't the Red River game at 11am? Same as another big rivalry game - OSU vs Mich.

Not sure what OU's motive is for press release. Has to be bigger than just this game.
Ohio and Michigan are eastern time zone though so its a noon kick for them.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Game will be over by noon. It reminds me of when we played Oklahoma back in the 80’s. Blow out in the first half, second half we could watch other games

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Maybe Joe C didn't get the memo that Fox's 11:00 window is their #1 slot. CBS puts its marquee game at 2:30, and ABC goes at night. So Fox moved its #1 games up to 11:00 to avoid competition.