OU A.D. mad about 11am Kickoff vs. Nebraska

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Why are OU fans mad at the Big 12 and/or the Networks for this? They should be mad that Nebraska football has fallen to just 1 notch above Kansas. Nobody wants to tune into a 63-10 blowout midway through the 3rd Q.
they should be mad at Nebraska for sucking and themselves for making this deal with FOX

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
can I just say, thank you for this? This is absolutely perfect.
tenor.gif

Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
11am start is not as bad as suggested here. Most fans tune into Fox's pregame or GameDay and then the first, best match at 11. That's why we see a lot of really good matchups in that slot.

I enjoy breakfast tailgating. But I don't get lit up like a lot of fans who feel they can't enjoy the game without being tanked, and early kicks just don't allow enough time for their favorite libations.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Listen up, bucko. I have no idea what prompted you to come in here to an ISU forum and think you were going to get sympathy. I’m sorry your game couldn’t be moved. I really don’t give two flying ***** what time you beat the hell out of Nebby. Most of us want you to piss pound them thoroughly. What your entitled little pretentious ass is missing is that you have lived so long on your cloud of victory that you think you just deserve things to be the way you want them. Welcome to the real world. You have earned respect, and maybe even some of the perks. You have a great football program with great tradition. I don’t discount or discredit that one bit. But with that you’re give COUNTLESS benefits in this rich get richer system that has helped you carry that success season after season (like have you ever had to play us when it’s freezing cold up here, nope). So don’t come in here whining to us about how your little game time wasn’t when you wanted it. You will not and should not get an ounce of sympathy. There’s plenty of ways to celebrate the people coming to the game. You’ve got MONTHS to get things lined up. And your grip about recruiting is really asinine, there’s nothing about that that will meaningfully impact your roster of countless 4 and 5 star recruits.

As far as you throwing out our tradition, we around here know god damn well how awful we have been for decades and a lot of us have sat and watched us get obliterated Saturday after Saturday. But there’s growth that has happened and you appreciate all the things that have to take place and time it take to get to the up around top where you guys regularly are. Maybe you forget that in the midst of complaining about little things like kick off time. But your head is apparently to far up your backside to realize how ridiculous you sound.

Blow it out your ass.

ELwTmMS.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
11am start is not as bad as suggested here. Most fans tune into Fox's pregame or GameDay and then the first, best match at 11. That's why we see a lot of really good matchups in that slot.

I enjoy breakfast tailgating. But I don't get lit up like a lot of fans who feel they can't enjoy the game without being tanked, and early kicks just don't allow enough time for their favorite libations.
Uhm… it’s been awhile but I have DEFINITELY been plenty tanked for 11AM kickoffs.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

You are drastically underestimating the damage ol Brasky can do for an 11:00 kick.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I can get plenty loaded for an 11AM kick.

Part of the reason I like them. Gives you an opportunity to sober up during the game, maybe take a nap, and have a whole other round of games to get in to.

I don't go to many games these days, so the night before a game I can barely sleep anyhow. I'll legitimately be awake by like 3:45 pacing around, killing time by scrolling my phone, and somehow making just enough noise to piss off everyone around me.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I mean I get you are not happy but you need to put a release out about it? Their fans are THAT upset about it?

Before this I wanted OU to beat Nebby somewhere along the lines of 72-0. Now I hope it's only 48-3.

OU, this makes you sound like a bunch of whiney little *******. I expect that from Texa$, but not you OU. Nebraska is hot garbage. No one really gives a **** about this game. Hell, nebraska tried to get out of even playing it.