Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That is pretty hysterical considering Michigan tried to hire him. I live in Illinois and have a house in WI and my general take is the program is respected, but it is not like it is a topic of regular discussion. I have not heard any of the things you mentioned for a decade+. I doubt most people have either, except for the loons on this board. It sounds like you are making a list of grievances for Festivus. All this saltiness comes down to one thing--jealousy. But, that is okay. It is a natural human emotion.
Nobody outside of Iowa City respects Kirk Ferentz anymore. He's a greedy racist who has ruined many victims lives

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
That is pretty hysterical considering Michigan tried to hire him. I live in Illinois and have a house in WI and my general take is the program is respected, but it is not like it is a topic of regular discussion. I have not heard any of the things you mentioned for a decade+. I doubt most people have either, except for the loons on this board. It sounds like you are making a list of grievances for Festivus. All this saltiness comes down to one thing--jealousy. But, that is okay. It is a natural human emotion.

Tone deaf! You sure do like you some scrambled eggs. YOu sure think you are the victim. Hawk battle cry "Lie Testify and Justify"

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
LOL, TJ Houshmandzadeh talked about Doyle & Ferentz on Dan Patrick.
You think that's some small market audience?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Seriously name one coach who's worse

I wouldn’t want to commit to saying who is the worst person in coaching because there was probably a time when Paterno would have been the answer people gave. I will say that when you look at all the scandal and bad optics that Ferentz has been mired in throughout the years and you compare it with Gary Patterson who has been at TCU 1 less year and his 2 biggest dust ups has been that his country music is silly and he passionately told players not to use a racial slur.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI

Please tell me you believe that. LOL are you talking about 2007? LOL you have to be joking.

Track record for blinders at the Kentucky derby has nothing on what goes on in the Black and Yellow.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would want to commit to saying who is the worst person in coaching because there was probably a time when Paterno would have been the answer people gave. I will say that when you look at all the scandal and bad optics that Ferentz has been mired in throughout the years and you compare it with Gary Patterson who has been at TCU 1 less year and his 2 biggest dust ups has been that his country music is silly and he passionately told players not to use a racial a racial slur.
Yep if Paterno was still coaching it would be him and Ferentz fighting for the top spot. Honestly I don't think there is anyone even close to Ferentz now

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Nobody outside of Iowa City respects Kirk Ferentz anymore. He's a greedy racist who has ruined many victims lives

I know a lot of Iowa fans and none of them live in Iowa City. So that is a demonstrably false statement.

It is a heck of a good thing our legal system is not run by the people on this board. Anyone accused of anything would be immediately cast out of society.

Greedy? I mean the guy has literally given away millions of dollars. His salary is pretty much middle of the road for top coaches in CFB. I had no idea that jealously and envy could drive people to take up positions that make very little sense. Some of you need help. The level of manufactured vitriol cannot be healthy.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know a lot of Iowa fans and none of them live in Iowa City. So that is a demonstrably false statement.

It is a heck of a good thing our legal system is not run by the people on this board. Anyone accused of anything would be immediately cast out of society.

Greedy? I mean the guy has literally given away millions of dollars. His salary is pretty much middle of the road for top coaches in CFB. I had no idea that jealously and envy could drive people to take up positions that make very little sense. Some of you need help. The level of manufactured vitriol cannot be healthy.
Triangle, you are trying to sound smarter than you are.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yep if Paterno was still coaching it would be him and Ferentz fighting for the top spot. Honestly I don't think there is anyone even close to Ferentz now

But he would have been looked at as very admirable and respected...until he wasn’t. So saying Ferentz is the worst would be an impossible call to make.