Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A loss every once in a while is forgivable, but you cannot lose consistently to a program like ISU. I understand everyone on this board thinks Ames is the new Tuscaloosa, but the real world it is not.
Iowa State is a better football program than Iowa right now and I'm not even sure it's close

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
When ISU has another better season than Iowa, that will be a sign for some that they need to move on. However they think they are good enough to get any coach they want and they will be highly disappointed.

Another? I mean, last season was a pretty hard measuring stick. ISU did win the Fiesta Bowl in an empty stadium vs. a 4-2 team that finished 2nd in the P12 North so that is great I guess. Iowa's last two games got cancelled.

I don't think Iowa believes it can get "any coach they want". It is certainly a top 25 job though. The only downside is the in state population of players. You just don't have many.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Iowa State is a better football program than Iowa right now and I'm not even sure it's close

hmmm, they have beat us 5 times in a row. We can't make that claim. I mean, we don't know how good Iowa would have been last year had it not been a Covid year. They ended up winning 6 in a row, so they are obviously pretty darn good. Plus, they have history of being a good program (weak schedule aided no doubt) and we do not. Bottom line is we have to actually beat them on the field before we claim we have a better program.

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020

You don't even believe that, but keep going. Programs are made over decades. ISU is having a couple good years, but Iowa has been doing it for decades. They've had some down years of course, but have been a team consistently in or around the top 25 for as long as I can remember and all under 2 coaches.

I hope MC stays around. It is good for the State. I think if he does they can have some sustained success or at least not be one of the 2 worst teams in the B12.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
hmmm, they have beat us 5 times in a row. We can't make that claim. I mean, we don't know how good Iowa would have been last year had it not been a Covid year. They ended up winning 6 in a row, so they are obviously pretty darn good. Plus, they have history of being a good program (weak schedule aided no doubt) and we do not. Bottom line is we have to actually beat them on the field before we claim we have a better program.
Iowa State was better last year and will be better again this year. We will be the better football program as long as Campbell is here and Ferentz is there. You have to realize Ferentz is easily the worst person in all of CFB right now

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You don't even believe that, but keep going. Programs are made over decades. ISU is having a couple good years, but Iowa has been doing it for decades. They've had some down years of course, but have been a team consistently in or around the top 25 for as long as I can remember and all under 2 coaches.

I hope MC stays around. It is good for the State. I think if he does they can have some sustained success or at least not be one of the 2 worst teams in the B12.
This speaks more to the fact that Campbell is an elite coach and nobody respects Ferentz anymore.

Programs are made over decades? Lol I wouldn't switch football programs with Nebraska right now like you would apparently

• Winner
Reactions: frackincygy

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Another? I mean, last season was a pretty hard measuring stick. ISU did win the Fiesta Bowl in an empty stadium vs. a 4-2 team that finished 2nd in the P12 North so that is great I guess. Iowa's last two games got cancelled.

I don't think Iowa believes it can get "any coach they want". It is certainly a top 25 job though. The only downside is the in state population of players. You just don't have many.

ISU had the best regular season record in the Big12, played for a conference title, and played in a NY6 bowl. It was empty because of covid restrictions so that's an idiotic comparison.
How is that hard to measure vs Iowa getting second in their division and making the Music City Bowl?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
ISU had the best regular season record in the Big12, played for a conference title, and played in a NY6 bowl. It was empty because of covid restrictions so that's an idiotic comparison.
How is that hard to measure vs Iowa getting second in their division and making the Music City Bowl?
Plus the teams they beat in that six game winning streak were weak. They didn't blow anybody out.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A loss every once in a while is forgivable, but you cannot lose consistently to a program like ISU. I understand everyone on this board thinks Ames is the new Tuscaloosa, but the real world it is not.

ISU is quickly becoming one of the best programs in the Big12. Iowa is the second best in their division in the last years of their coaches tenure.

The only one overinflating their program status is you.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's hard to play a tough schedule in the B1G West. Not much competition there. Throw in the fact you only play tOSU once every 15-20 years and it's all easy peasy.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021

So, was one of your past alts known as Kujawa?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t understand Iowa fans making fun of a 4-2 record when Iowa’s record was 6-2 and they beat one team with a winning record. (Wisconsin who also didn’t beat a team with a winning record)

The fact of the matter is that Oregon was a solid team who, when presented with a good opportunity, beat #13 and 5-0 USC in the PAC-12 title game.

Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue