Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

This guy is coming for blood this year.

tenor.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The biggest thing about beating Iowa this year will be that we will finally get to see how their fans feel about Kirk. As long as he beats ISU, they'll turn a blind to racism, special treatment etc... I predict one sign of weakness and they'll pounce on him, all of this stuff will suddenly matter.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The biggest thing about beating Iowa this year will be that we will finally get to see how their fans feel about Kirk. As long as he beats ISU, they'll turn a blind to racism, special treatment etc... I predict one sign of weakness and they'll pounce on him, all of this stuff will suddenly matter.

Nah, they won't come at him for racism. They fully support his "old school" program and think everyone is being too sensitive. The players who complained couldn't make it in the NFL so that's the only reason they are complaining.
Nothing to see here.

Some will want him fired for football reasons though. Many think losing to ISU is this huge sin that is unforgivable.

Reactions: heitclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nah, they won't come at him for racism. They fully support his "old school" program and think everyone is being too sensitive. The players who complained couldn't make it in the NFL so that's the only reason they are complaining.
Nothing to see here.

Some will want him fired for football reasons though. Many think losing to ISU is this huge sin that is unforgivable.
I think it will be more general than just going after the racism issue. Kirk shed his "good guy" image now so if he doesn't perform on the field the pitchforks will be out and they'll say it's for a variety of reasons

Reactions: heitclone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think it will be more general than just going after the racism issue. Kirk shed his "good guy" image now so if he doesn't perform on the field the pitchforks will be out and they'll say it's for a variety of reasons

When ISU has another better season than Iowa, that will be a sign for some that they need to move on. However they think they are good enough to get any coach they want and they will be highly disappointed.

SportsFan1

Oct 6, 2020
Nothing to see here.

A loss every once in a while is forgivable, but you cannot lose consistently to a program like ISU. I understand everyone on this board thinks Ames is the new Tuscaloosa, but the real world it is not.