ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
so if we beat OU just once, that would give us a good shot at the CFP? Probably would have to win the CCG?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Preseason?

Oh, so the preseason ranking carries more weight than being Top 10 in the CFP rankings?

I know you have a rabid fan on here for almost 2 months, didn't realize you were following them that closely before. But you have lost me. I thought your assertion was we shouldn't get used to this level of success after this year. Yet last year we beat preseason expectations and recovered from a devastating loss to UL to have the best season in ISU history. Now the prediction is to have an even better season. All this after having increasingly better season since CMC's arrival. I realized Top 10 shouldn't be expected every year but as long as CMC is here, I expect a level of success significantly higher than what we experienced before his arrival.

Go ahead and flag this post and pull it out next year when we end up 12th so you can say I told you so. Should make you quite happy.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Oh, so the preseason ranking carries more weight than being Top 10 in the CFP rankings?

I know you have a rabid fan on here for almost 2 months, didn't realize you were following them that closely before. But you have lost me. I thought your assertion was we shouldn't get used to this level of success after this year. Yet last year we beat preseason expectations and recovered from a devastating loss to UL to have the best season in ISU history. Now the prediction is to have an even better season. All this after having increasingly better season since CMC's arrival. I realized Top 10 shouldn't be expected every year but as long as CMC is here, I expect a level of success significantly higher than what we experienced before his arrival.

Go ahead and flag this post and pull it out next year when we end up 12th so you can say I told you so. Should make you quite happy.
I’m sorry I have better things to do then get into internet arguments that wasn’t even suppose to be one. I’m all for success for the football team. I just think it will be hard to get this much preseason hype ever again. But being top 15 constantly is more doable.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I think we spank UNI this year. Once in awhile we do beat them soundly and I think this will be one of those years. I also think we take care of Iowa. F#%?ing Nate Stanley just had our number. We always made enough mistskes to let that guy rally to beat us. But I don’t see it this year.

The other monkey we have to get off our back is Okie State. Man the last three games in Ames have been painful losses.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
It’s somewhat meaningless at this point, but the best thing about the list is how butthurt Hok fans will get. It’s fun.

• Agree
Reactions: inCyteful

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
I love our preseason ranking- so nice to finally get a little respect! I’m going to enjoy every second of this season- I’ve waited almost 40 years for it. As other posters have mentioned- it seems the football gods are setting up a Big 12 team to get to the Playoffs by ranking so many Big 12 teams high early on...reminds me of previous years with the SEC.

I think a 1 loss Cyclone team can make the playoffs. Our schedule is murderer’s row- we just need to take it one game at a time. As Brock Purdy said:
‘Let’s gooooooooo!’

PS- if you haven’t done so already, join the Cyclone Club. Even if you’re just doing $50- give something. If you gave last year- give more. Let’s keep the momentum rolling!

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Andy has always been a hok! Claims Drake when they do well! It is appropriate that he Fails when he tries to bash us. His act is old and tired. Murphy is pure hok troll. Stopped listening to those 2 losers and their tv show 2 years ago. Ken Miller has more knowledge and plays fair. Clones rule!