ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
This whole list looks wrong to me, tech is really that high? I don't think so. Also #4 is too high for us. But it does look good.

Reactions: CyChap

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
B12 with 3 of top 10. Beautiful sight to see ISU ahead of the entire B1G even if it is just ESPN's generally worthless FPI index.

Agreed it is worthless but since ESPN sadly controls a lot of the college football coverage and narrative I am glad we’re in their top 10, and shocked but happy theyre in their top 5.

Reactions: cygrads and CyChap

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
There is always a segment of our fanbase who are incapable of enjoying good things.
For Christ’s sake, even if we are slightly overvalued (for arguments sake) have some of you forgot about the dark ages of cyclone football? The fact that this is even a thing is so beyond ******* awesome that if you can’t enjoy it then I don’t know what to tell you.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Agreed it is worthless but since ESPN sadly controls a lot of the college football coverage and narrative I am glad we’re in their top 10, and shocked but happy theyre in their top 5.
Yep. Being ranked highly and having other conference members ranked highly is how the SEC often takes less of a hit in the rankings when a loss or two comes. That's a big deal if we end up anywhere near the playoff but not undefeated