ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
1) I hope ISU can handle the hype and expectations (same goes for the fans).
2) I like the early ranking, but seems a bit optimistic... pretty good considering the East coast/ B1G bias.
3) ISU will ABSOLUTELY get everyone's best shot. Hope Campbell has them ready from the git go.
4) The UNI game will be VERY close, as usual.

They have us pegged at 10-3. Who is being optimistic? ESPN?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This is probably the best OU team since 2008. Beating them once, let alone twice is going to be difficult
To counter that, this will be the best ISU team since...

...um...

...I don’t have that many fingers and toes.

But it’ll be tough to beat us once, let alone twice!

Reactions: t-noah

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Very fair...but that might actually help us...if we lose the first reg season...only loss...beat them in title game...boom! :)

We were just as good as them last year and they don't have more coming back than we do.

Games with them will be a toss-up. If we can't beat them 2x, I vote we lose to them in regular season and beat them in the CCG. Worked for them last year.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Lots of hype. Certainly exciting. Who would not want a season
Very fair...but that might actually help us...if we lose the first reg season...only loss...beat them in title game...boom! :)
And a possible scenario to see both OU and ISU in CFP. That would have to drive folks nuts around the country. Hope everyone stays healthy and behaves.

Reactions: besserheimerphat

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
So basically the whole start of Murph and Andy was essentially telling Cyclone fans they don't believe this ranking because ISU hasn't earned it by beating Iowa.
Yeah caught the first bit of that. Not beating Iowa is just the easy straw to clutch. The tone would be totally different if an Iowa team were in this position, regardless of record against ISU. They’re incredulous that we could be this good, and they write us off wholesale. They couldn’t even name Texas’s new head coach, so they clearly don’t feel like they need to pay attention to our side of things in the Big 12.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
So basically the whole start of Murph and Andy was essentially telling Cyclone fans they don't believe this ranking because ISU hasn't earned it by beating Iowa.
Andy sounded absolutely disgusted that ISU could even be considered a top 5 team..not being a degenerate saying that Andy is a Hok, but all of the sighing he was doing was odd.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Andy sounded absolutely disgusted that ISU could even be considered a top 5 team..not being a degenerate saying that Andy is a Hok, but all of the sighing he was doing was odd.
Andy should know by now that ISU is a better program at this point. It's obvious he can't handle it.

Reactions: ClonesTwenty1

ISU4NH

Aug 9, 2020
I opened this article in my MSN feed and immediately went to the bottom of the list to see if we made it at 10. Ready to close it when my eye caught the line about surprising ISU. Maybe next time I'll start at the top and read down...what a great new experience. I think I'll easily adjust my scanning habits.

Now, crush UNI and beat Iowa...If these two things happen we'll have the confidence and swagger that we need going into conference play and so will the fans.