Eli chooses, Fran loses

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
Except that TJ isn't an *******. Iowa got rid of Dr Tom and wound up with Slick, Lick, and then The Prick.

The similarities are really coming together.

Both married a former student athlete from the school they were once assistant coaches at.

Both emphasize, in recruiting, local kids that have few other major conference offers, are ranked outside the top 150 but are fans of the program they are currently HC at.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Ben Johnson....who you mentioned in your post.

I wonder if Ben Johnson had any team wide votes to not let any of those guys return.

You'll have to be more specific next time.

Nah, no voting process. Robbins is SEC bound and they couldn't keep Kalscheur despite hiring his high school coach.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
You'll have to be more specific next time.

Nah, no voting process. Robbins is SEC bound and they couldn't keep Kalscheur despite hiring his high school coach.

I am sure Ben Johnson is fine seeing a kid that shot less than 25% from 3 on over 5 attempts per game last season leave the program to go bucket hunt. He's probably a little disappointed Kalscheur didnt transfer to a B1G team.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Whoever ends up getting King is beating out more than just Minnesota
I get that but you guys really seem to be targeting the Gophs. They are after Lipsey AND King plus you landed Kalscheur from them. I guess my response should be Thanks! I'd like King but certainly don't want the Gophers to have him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I get that but you guys really seem to be targeting the Gophs. They are after Lipsey AND King plus you landed Kalscheur from them. I guess my response should be Thanks! I'd like King but certainly don't want the Gophers to have him.
You'd like King? You said you like Iowa's chances with him

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Tamin will without a doubt move up the rankings with him getting back to 100%. He was a blue chip prospect before the injury.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
Seems to me like Johnson was doing everything to get him to stay. Hiring his old coach was definitely a late second desperation move that didn’t work.

He's not even a top 40 guy of transfers that have signed to this point. He's not the type of player you hire a staff member in hopes of getting him to stay.