Old Mediocre Has-Been Desperate To Appear Relevant; aka JBo To Return

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If Bohannon wants to profit off his likeness, there are multiple fanbases that would pay good money if someone made custom molds of his douchey smug face to add to Century Bob Torso training bags. It’s the only way Bohannon is making a buck on his name and likeness. Sorry bud.
View attachment 83541
Interestingly enough this is what teams use in practice leading up to the Iowa game to simulate Bohannon on defense.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
SIAP but he's setting himself up for financial disappointment. Even if this were to pass, it would then have a stay order while the lawsuit works its way thru. So, he returns and gets nothing financially while concurrently paying the opportunity cost of a year off his actual career.

Reactions: davegilbertson

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
SIAP but he's setting himself up for financial disappointment. Even if this were to pass, it would then have a stay order while the lawsuit works its way thru. So, he returns and gets nothing financially while concurrently paying the opportunity cost of a year off his actual career.

If the Oregon game is any indication, he wants to get paid for doing nothing. Got it.

Last edited:

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I don't think his activism right now is about himself. He's doing this to improve the lives of athletes in years to come.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
gonna get rich selling 8" x 10" of these
5fb32aeac5f9b.image.jpg

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think that's the best path, I just think it's ripe for a huge imbalance. There's nothing from stopping Texas boosters from paying guys 100K a year to attend there while a school like ISU would suffer greatly. Today we at least have a chance at good recruits because there isn't a financial incentive against us. We would absolutely suffer on the recruiting side for Top 300 guys.

How many top 300 guys have we gotten? Places like Texas and Alabama are gonna get those guys if they pay them or not. What it would do is likely motivate the kids we do get because the only way they will be able to make any money at the sport is to bust their ass and earn it in the NFL. So basically like it is now

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think his activism right now is about himself. He's doing this to improve the lives of athletes in years to come.
It's easy to say that and sounds great obviously. But he really didn't do himself any favors when he said he'd only come back next year if he's going to get paid. If he has a shot at any kind of career in Europe or China, go get paid real money for a few years and then come stand up on your soap box...if you still care at that point, Jorbo.

I mean I don't know what the average American player makes over seas, but even if it amounted to like 100k/year, that is a lot more than he'd gonna pull from his NIL in a 6th collegiate season and we've already seen he's not the player he was early in his career.

Reactions: globogym6

globogym6

Jan 12, 2019
It's easy to say that and sounds great obviously. But he really didn't do himself any favors when he said he'd only come back next year if he's going to get paid. If he has a shot at any kind of career in Europe or China, go get paid real money for a few years and then come stand up on your soap box...if you still care at that point, Jorbo.

I mean I don't know what the average American player makes over seas, but even if it amounted to like 100k/year, that is a lot more than he'd gonna pull from his NIL in a 6th collegiate season and we've already seen he's not the player he was early in his career.

This. Look at Matt Thomas. You can stay in Iowa city and make a little cash if this bill passes. Or, move to Spain and enjoy some wonderful weather and scenery. If he has that interest from Europe this seems like a no brainer to me.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This. Look at Matt Thomas. You can stay in Iowa city and make a little cash if this bill passes. Or, move to Spain and enjoy some wonderful weather and scenery. If he has that interest from Europe this seems like a no brainer to me.
Yeah and I guess I'm not sure if he does or not. Maybe he has no shot at any kind of pro ball and knows it, and this is his last shot to make money doing what he loves. He isn't very good since his injury, and I'm not sure his ceiling was exactly high before the injury either.

Reactions: globogym6