Spring Weather 2021

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wanted to ride the trestle trail from Slater to Woodward on Saturday. Got to the first gravel road just west of the grain elevator outside of Slater and it was nothing but snow covered bike path as far as I could see. I was bummed.

Snow is always deeper in a wind break.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
And of course with the spring weather also comes road construction. Saw signs this morning that road construction starts next Monday along my commute. Awesome.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Is this just false Spring and we're soon to get smacked up to the side of the head with more winter? Weather gurus got any insight on the long range models?

I moved my snowblower back to the shed but DID NOT switch sides with the mower. Not feeling that optimistic.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Is this just false Spring and we're soon to get smacked up to the side of the head with more winter? Weather gurus got any insight on the long range models?

I moved my snowblower back to the shed but DID NOT switch sides with the mower. Not feeling that optimistic.

This is false spring. Book it.

• Agree
Reactions: cstrunk and cmjh10

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Super false spring but I'm going to bask in it and with the ground seeming to be so soft/warm in WI and daylight savings coming up I'm looking forward to any more snow to be gone soon after.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Super false spring but I'm going to bask in it and with the ground seeming to be so soft/warm in WI and daylight savings coming up I'm looking forward to any more snow to be gone soon after.

It’s a really nice false spring. The one week of real spring before the monsoon season of June will hopefully be really nice as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It’s a really nice false spring. The one week of real spring before the monsoon season of June will hopefully be really nice as well.

There's usually a two week window in Mayish where paddling on the Madison lakes feels like you're on a lake before the blue algae blooms into a 3 month guessing game of avoiding the sludge. Can't wait!

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines

Yes false spring. Confirmed by the fact that I put my snowshoes and ski gear in storage. So it's definitely going to snow again.